Warning: SCRAPPLE talk to follow....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i know it sounds weird, but along those lines fried scrapple is good on buttered wheat toast with grape jelly.

i discovered a really outstanding korean hot sauce recently, called kim kim. i like it better than any sriracha sauce before it. when you think a dish is 'missing something', well that's what kim kim is for. i've been shaking it on everything in sight, it makes foods taste better, complete. in a word, i'm hooked on the stuff. it's a perfect balance of heat, spice and a hint of a sweet something, too. it has won awards in va., don't know if it's gone national yet....

kim kim turned my last plate of scrapple into yet another taste sensation!--- delicious in a whole new way. pure maple syrup is also a naturally wonderful scrapple companion. and now, danbuter, you have awaken my hunger for scrapple-- at bedtime, yet....

well, i'm back at it, folks! there is a shipment of SCRAPPLE on its way to me from West Coast Scrapple, and i can barely contain my excitement! i'm all ready here at my end--a huge loaf of rustic pain du campagne bread, a carton of jumbo brown 'nature's yolks' eggs, and rendered duck fat for the pan. i am already wishing i had ordered more. gawd, i love good scrapple, and WCS is some of the best i've tasted.....

oooh, oooh, oooh! my West Coast Scrapple is here! steve, one of the WCS owners, bless him, enclosed the following note in my package: 'vit, have a free lb on us. thanks for the support. steve' what a sweetie! for that, i will 'like' you guys on facebook forever! guess what i'm having for lunch today, folks?

oooh, oooh, oooh! my West Coast Scrapple is here! steve, one of the WCS owners, bless him, enclosed the following note in my package: 'vit, have a free lb on us. thanks for the support. steve' what a sweetie! for that, i will 'like' you guys on facebook forever! guess what i'm having for lunch today, folks?

That is so sweet of him! He sent you my portion after all, what a great little business!

OK that does it Vit. I want to be best friends with Steve too, because I'm too lazy to make my own. He's on the west coast? Maybe I could go visit him. Are you gonna share his website at least? ;):yum:

OK that does it Vit. I want to be best friends with Steve too, because I'm too lazy to make my own. He's on the west coast? Maybe I could go visit him. Are you gonna share his website at least? ;):yum:

shop here for West Coast Scrapple

here you go, kayelle: the guy you want to cozy up to is 'uncle steve', steve deLaVergne. but i'm sure that any one of these scrapple-lovin' guys can hook you up....

Last edited:
dawg, dawg, dawg, you wouldn't be so quick to give away your portion if were you to have the teensiest tantalizing taste of this WCS scrapple off of my fork.:pig::yum:
ask your dh, he can tell you....

DH said he was in it for the maple syrup. Thanks for posting the website, Vit, this guy deserves the business for customer service like that!

Upon perusal of the site, it actually sounds pretty good!

Last edited:
folks who ask "do you know what's in that" are probably eating a power bar with unpronouncable chemicals, and drinking something blue full of corn syrup.

justniki, if my description of making scrapple bothers you, keep away from all fast food...and never watch Food Inc.

with the exception of refined salt, all food comes from living matter. killing it and not using all of its parts is wasteful. sausages, pates, soups stews, etc are all ways we use up the tougher and more difficult parts be they broccoli stalks or duck hearts. Don't be afraid of food. Get in there and discover the world!
As my grandmother (a farmer's daughter) used to say "You can use every bit of a pig except the oink"!

Actually the scrapple sounds a bit like our brawn (aka headcheese in some areas.) which is made from the meat off the head (so long since I made it that I can't remember if the brain went in as well - no skin or snout though but the tongue did).

Back
Top Bottom