What goes with Meatloaf?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hummmmm

Okay...so I know that meatloaf shouldn't be in the dessert category, but I was looking for something else (salmon patties) and came across this site... 8) so I wanted to add my thoughts to an old topic as well.

Meatloaf, has and always been (in my years growing up) served with mashed potatoes.....I've used extra tomato sauce to cook with and served it on top of the mashed potatoes like a gravy... yummmyyy....veges of any variety have always worked with me.

I usually do what Kitchenelf does, scoop it all up together.

Meatloaf can be made so many ways and I've never been disappointed.

Well, now that I've resurrected an old topic, I'm heading out to the message board to check this place out and maybe post something.

thanks

I'm glad you posted to this princess - I got this topic under the right category!!! LOL l Dessert??? It was the kitchen elves that did this, I know!!! :mrgreen:

You guys made me hungry for meatloaf, so guess what we had for dinner tonight? :LOL:

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, whole kernal corn and Dill-onion bread.

I posted the bread recipe on the bread board. First time I made this bread and it was easy;no kneading. I did not have dillseed (which is odd for me) So I used dillweed instead. I timed it so the bread come out of the oven the same time as the meatloaf. the Butter melted right in. :D

Glad we could help you with your meal planning :mrgreen:

Sounds GREAT!!! I'm going to make a turkey meatloaf on Sunday with mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli - I'll let you know how THAT one is :roll:

kitchenelf said:
Glad we could help you with your meal planning :mrgreen:

Sounds GREAT!!! I'm going to make a turkey meatloaf on Sunday with mashed potatoes and roasted broccoli - I'll let you know how THAT one is :roll:

Roasted Broccoli????? :?

It's really good princess! You just separate into flowerette chunks (about 1 1/2" chunks) and I trim the stalk of all fiberous covering and cut the stalk in chunks too.

Place it in a single layer on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with kosher salt, and bake in a 375° preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes then turn pieces over. The bottom of the pieces will have browned and turning will brown the other side.

This is good for ALL vegetables. Here's a link to something I made one nighit and it turned out great! Well, I have been looking for the recipe and apparently I haven't posted it yet - I will go do that now and then put the link here. Basically, I roasted a BUNCH of veggies, broccoli, cauliflower, grape tomatoes, turnips, beets, Brussels sprouts, carrots, mushrooms, shallots...I can't remember if there was anything else - drizzled all with olive oil and sprinkled with kosher salt. Serve over penne (brown rice penne is good) and I drizzled the pasta with a little of the olive oil and sprinkled with more kosher salt.

I also roasted the vegetables in groupings. Some got done before others so I could remove that veggie totally while the firmer veggies still cooked. It was really good!

hummmmm....that actually does sound good....I'll have to try that sometime....sure beats sautéing them all the time and it still leaves a little crunch and I like crunching veges.

On the salt issue....check my post under Misc.

Back
Top Bottom