What is the Ideal Size For A Meatball?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lutzzz said:

Not laughing here. My mother had one of those. I can't recall if she used it but maybe she did because I recall her meatballs were of uniform size.

At the risk of sounding dogmatic, I think that is the right size for an Italian meatball destined for tomato sauce and spagetti/linguini.

Some of the pizza takeouts around here give two meatballs with an order and they're a good bit bigger. I find that size a little disconcerting. Eh, lets be honest: it's very disconcerting. What are they thinking? I think they're being lazy because they don't want to make them the right size and provide three or four.

Meatballs for beef strouganoof and Sweedish meatballs are of course much smaller.

Bangbang said:
Football size and shape
Here's an idea: a meatball press that makes bite sized football shaped meatballs. They would be great for hor dourves at Super Bowl parties. You could sell them on TV infomercials in December and January.

bang, are you bluffing? (gotta imagine my eyebrow crinkled and raised, just look at one of the luvs pics i sent you and you'll see.)
i luv bang. he's my new best friend.:)

Tom

I make mine so they fit in a Sub roll and it will almost close when eating! Hahahah. So, i would say, its according to your size of Sub roll! :LOL: And, same size for my Spagettii!! :chef:

Hi Heat,
That depends on whether or not you pull a little bread out of the roll too. When I make a sub at home, I pull a little bread out to make a pocket that helps hold everything in place. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom