What is your favorite steak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite steak?

• Strip (NY, KC)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tenderloin (filet mignon)

• Skirt

• Flank

• Chuck

• Mock Tender

• Other

• Total voters
My wife was having an emergency and I rushed the poll. Apologies to you porterhouse and t-bone lovers. :oops:

Is she ok? Or did you just drop her off?

T-bone is ok. What is Kansas City style Strip Steak?

Cooking a ribeye tonight with loaded twice baked stuffed potatoes and a salad.

I'm on a high-carb, high-protein, high fat diet :mrgreen: (at least for tonight anyway)

Honestly, that is hard for me to answer it depends on my mood and what I feel like cooking. For mexican it's strip, for chinese it's sirloin, for american it's ribeye and for french it's tenderloin. I like em all.

Prime Rib!!!! med-rare!!!! with au jus.....

second is filet mignon

my mouth is watering now.. even though I had a big dinner.

Good and bad new here. I was at the gym located next to our town's hospital. They have nutritional articles hangin from many walls. The good new is that red meat is good for you. The bad news is that too much red meat can help cause type-2 diabetes.

The iron found in red meat, especially beef, creates free radicals that attack the pancreas and also make it harder for body cells to absorb and use blood sugar.

I love beef. But I also love pultry, pork, and fish. I guess we are slowly unraveling some of Heavenly Father's mysteries. This one - all things in moderation. Meat is good, but is to be used sparingly, and mostly during the seasons where grain, veggies, & fruits are not avialble.

I wish I'd known all of this when I was a teen, or even a young man. Maybe I wouldn't have diabetes now.

The moral of this tale is that you can eat meat, just eat it in sensible portions. For instance, cook up that huge rib steak on the grill. Then cut off a 3 ounce chunk and immediately save the rest three ounce portions in small freezer bags. Make sure to extract all air from the bags. Refrigerate the portions you are saving and enjoy them at the workplace, for lunch. You co-workers will drool, and you will remain healthy. :D

Oh, and save that bone for soup.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Goodweed, I've cut down on portions (of everything, and am at my recommended weight) and all my vital numbers are well in range, but when I go, they will have to bury me with a ribeye - and a beer!

I picked Ribeye but I should have selected Other in the Poll. A good prime T-Bone at least one inch thick is my favorite.

crewsk said:
I put filet mignon, but I'm with JulieV on the prime rib. Medium rare is the only way to go, IMO.

I like those too...but will pick a properly cooked medium rare Prime T-bone over the above. I had a center cut sirloin medium rare yesterday. It was pretty good. I don't like New York Strips unless they were free.

I put in the "sensible" post, but failed to mention my favorite, though I did vote. A good rib steak, from a corn finished cow, about third back from the chuck, is about the closest thing to heaven on this planet. Cook over hot charcoal, with the lid on to allow maximum smoke flavor, and serve with freshly steamed green beans from the garden, and sliced tomato. What more can a tongue ask for :D ?

My wife's favorite is porterhouse. We both find that while tenderloin (cooked as fillet mingon) is the most tender cut, it just doesn't have the flavor of rib-eye, or rib steak. And the rib meat is nearly as tender.

Besides, I don't mind chewing a little if the flavor is excellent.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the NOrth

goodweed! you're gonna make me faint, lol! oh, my goodness, that is such the perfect meal. tomatoes, steak, green beans... yum, all of the necessary textural differences, good contrasts in flavor and color, now THAT is making my stomach wake up for the day, tee-hee. :D

Luv's Food; Me too. I jsut wish I had some good rib steak available right now. But in another few weeks, I'm buing a quarter of a cow. Shopuld give me some good beef. Tonight, we're haveing barbecued cornish game hens. I think I'll make a good brown-rice and mushroom dressing, with some good butter on the side. I think some cauliflower and broccoli is in order, maybe with a cheese sauce, but the sauce is undecided yet.

I just got done with breakfast and I'm making myself hungry again. Gotta get off of this thread, quick. ;)

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom