Your best Carpaccio...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bam!!

Cook
Hi all...me again! :oops:

I love beef Carpacio......

I did a different twist on this summer...

I seared the beef on the barbie with charcoal flavour enahncing the meat.....It was dry rubbed with Dry mustard...garlic....basil....corriander....and rubbed in with Extra virgin Olive oil......

after that I just sliced them thin on a bed of arugula.......shaved parmegianna regianna......olive oil...sea salt and pepper...

It was delicious...

What are yours ?

Method: ½ pound certified-organic tenderloin, sliced paper-thin across the grain; arrange the slices on a platter; sprinkle with 1 oz. olive oil, juice of ½ lemon, and freshly ground black pepper, to taste; finish with about 1 Tb chopped capers and coarse salt, to taste. Serve with semolina bread, sweet butter, and glasses of Barbera.

my favorite is just some tenderloin pounded out as thin as possible with fresh-cracked black pepper, a little horseradish/lime sauce, and that's about it.
i don't like my carpaccio cooked at all, Bam. you should try completely-raw carpaccio, and not sear it. it's really, really good . just raw and sometimes even just salt 'n pepper, minus the sauce, is awesome.

luvs_food said:
my favorite is just some tenderloin pounded out as thin as possible with fresh-cracked black pepper, a little horseradish/lime sauce, and that's about it.
i don't like my carpaccio cooked at all, Bam. you should try completely-raw carpaccio, and not sear it. it's really, really good . just raw and sometimes even just salt 'n pepper, minus the sauce, is awesome.

True.....I have it raw sort of regularly....but I liked the twist of the barbeque flavour and the raw interior mixed together.....it was different...

:)

kitchenelf said:
Bam - I've made tuna carpacio but never beef carpacio - and I love raw filet - I'll give yours a try soon.

Tuna Carpaccio! Yum!

I do it every so often.....I mix fresh ginger juice, mango, avocado...shallots as a sauce on the beautiful raw tuna.....just delightful!

:D

Bam, here's the recipe I used - forgive me but I made it in the tartare fashion versus carpaccio - but either way it would be wonderful. BubbaGourmet posted this awhile ago and I made it last Valentine's day - it was WONDERFUL and we plan to duplicate the whole menu again! LOL

Tuna Carpaccio

Dear Elf,

Thank you ever so much for posting that Tuna Carpaccio recipe from Mr. Gourmet! My mouth is watering uncontrollably...and will until I find more fresh sushi-grade hamachi!!!!

Best regards from your pal,

Audeo

kitchenelf said:
Bam, here's the recipe I used - forgive me but I made it in the tartare fashion versus carpaccio - but either way it would be wonderful. BubbaGourmet posted this awhile ago and I made it last Valentine's day - it was WONDERFUL and we plan to duplicate the whole menu again! LOL

Tuna Carpaccio

Thanks! I'll give that a go!

May I ask which caviar you ate with your tuna....?

I can't really remember the brand - it wasn't a top quality - it was just the jar of - I think begins with an R? Romanoff??? Just basic black caviar is all I can get around here without going out of town.

I know I made some notes on this recipe - I'll hunt for it in my file - I think it was about the wasabi sauce - ok, just found it - my note said to make about 4 times the amount of wasabi mayo - we like the "bite" and one recipe's worth just wasn't enough.

I really liked it tartare style too - ooooo - I've got to have some!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom