"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Budget Friendly Dishes
Old 03-10-2009, 05:42 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
Addictive easy jalapeno, sun dried tomato and Parmesan pasta

I eat this pasta several times a week and I have for the past 7 years. I've managed to get several other people addicted to it as well. Here goes...

Put into a bowl:
- large jalapeno pepper with seeds removed chopped into small pieces
- chopped sun dried tomatoes from a jar in flavored oil (find a good brand)
- a couple table spoons of fresh parmesan or romano cheese
- grated black pepper
- olive oil

Boil your favorite noodes
- as soon as the noodles are done, put directly into a strainer and into the bowl. The hot water will melt the cheese. Mix everything up and you're done.

This is pretty cheap, although sundried tomatoes and cheese can get expensive depending on which kind you buy and how much you use...but if you want, it can be quite cheap.

AlanS2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
Master Chef
Thanks for the recipe, & I'll certainly try it, but have you really been eating this SEVERAL times a week for SEVEN years???

You really need to get out more &/or do some more online &/or cookbook recipe searches & find some new stuff because with all the FABULOUS food out there, you're definitely in a rut. Not to mention that eating the exact same thing several times a week for seven years isn't exactly the healthiest thing, regardless of what that "thing" is. You desperately need some diversity in your diet.

BreezyCooking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #3
Head Chef
Ah, don't be so hard on Alan, Breezy! Some people don't crave variety in their diets. My DH would cheerfully eat the same thing nearly every night. We've been going to the same little taco restaurant a few times a week for three years and he always orders the same thing. The servers see him coming and know "siempre enchilada con pollo." As for me, I have to keep trying new things, but once he finds something he likes, he is very content to stay with it. Thanks for the recipe, Alan - I'll definitely try it.
Saludos, Karen
MexicoKaren is offline   Reply With Quote