Bartering

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
my buddy & i barter with each other. i bring her a 1/2 gallon of milk, she gives me a bag of fresh fruits & canned stuff.i watch her kiddo, she gives me dinner.
we trade things.
be that sending her on her way with a bag of food as an exchange fer a meal out, or be it an exchange of overabundant foods or impulse items, it's great fer both of us.

beaver pelts eh?

this is a way of life for us....there is a hugh underground economy related to bartering among us rural folk....too much to remember...but the last trade was last week, we have a friend who helps us get in hay every year and dh does consulting work for him...lotsa of trading work for work....mostly among very good friends..

I guess I never thought of it as bartering, but it is. We do that all the time with our neighbors up and down the road. We received 6 frozen chicken once to offset some neighborhood legal expenses. Any construction work on a large scale requires the whole neighborhood plus hammers, ladders, etc..... it's fun to help out. My DH buried a neighbor's cow and didn't have to buy his beer for a week! I tend to look at it more as sharing than bartering.

I, personally think, the bartering system NEEDS to be more prevalent. We all have goods and or services to offer, and it is just smart working, imo. Many moons ago, bartering was the way of the day...until "money" ruined everything...

I trade hugs and kisses with my kids for screaming and temper tantrums.

No kidding. I outta teach them more useful things to gimme back.....

my daughter is very much into bartering. she has a plant maintenance business. some people want it but have no cash. she has traded service for body waxing and (shame on her) tanning sessions. also trades with her chiropractor

i only barter with my handi man. i really did better on the last deal than he did. he is cleaning my gutters for twenty bucks worth of time on puter.

babe:)

I love bartering. I have soap (homemade goats milk soap and others). My last barter was soap for homemade canned food and beautiful fabrics.

My son and I were just talking about this subject yesterday. He owns a mobile car wash and detail business. He had some landscape work done on his yard and the landscaper traded the labor cost $300.00 for a detail job for his car and a super wash for his wife's car. . The detailing would have cost him $179.00; plus his wife's car, $89.00. It cost both of them nothing but time and effort but they made out on the cost. Neither of them had to put out any money and the work on both was done during a period when they would be sitting home anyway.

I think bartering sometimes on certain things is a great way to do business providing no one comes out on the short end too often and you gotta realize that bartering doesn't always pay the bills when cash is needed.

It's funny this has come up now.

As many of you already know, my wife has just been diagnosed with Graves Disease. In a word, her thyroid runs like an out of control throttle. It's called "storming." One minute her heart beats at 140, the next, she's in bed crying her eyes out.

You cannot eat out every night, and I've been thinking about sharpening for cooks and chefs in exchange for pre-made frozen meals.

In this fashion, when my wife storms, we can thaw out something decent and nutrious.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom