Boiled potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kamp

Senior Cook
What do you make if you have boiled to many potatoes for dinner?

I now I can make potato mash from it and potato cake.

I put them in the refrigerator. I reheat them in the microwave to have with another meal.

If you like Indian food you can make many many things from it. The easiest being a potato curry.

Just cut the potatoes into small cubes
Chop one onion finely
You will need 3 tsp of whole brown mustard seeds and 3 tsp of cumin seeds
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 jalapeno or any green chili chopped
handful of curry leaves (optional but highly recommended)
1 tsp of sugar
1/2 tsp of turmeric
salt to taste
juice of a lime
freshly chopped cilantro
3 tbsps of oil

Heat the oil in a pan. Once it's hot add the curry leaves, mustard and cumin seeds. Once they splutter, reduce the heat and add the garlic and chilies.

Next add the onions and cook them until translucent. Add the turmeric, sugar, salt, lime juice and potatoes. Stir it lightly to combine. Cover and let it all cook on low for 20-30 minutes.

Stir it one more time, sprinkle with cilantro and serve with anything you desire.

You can make POTATO CUTLETS.they are really delicious.

Mix some boiled shredded chicken to the mashed potatoes,boiled and chopped up eggs,chopped onion,spring onion,chopped parseley,salt,pepper,a little bit of lemon juice,mix everything,shape into 4 inch diameter round flat cutlets,dip in egg wash,then bread crumbs,pan fry and serve hot with sauce or chutney of your choice.

toss them in oil and herbs then and roast them in a hot oven....

Or make hash browns/potato cakes,

Grate the potato, add chopped onion, chopped red/green peppers, garlic and coriander (cilantro) and a little chopped chilly.

Then make the mixture in small (burger) style patties,
then pan fry them,
or
flower them, the trough a egg mixture and next bread crumbs, then deep fry them...

Home Fries - aka sliced fried potatoes - are what I usually do with them, but really, the sky is the limit. Lots of recipes call for pre-cooked potatoes.

Sauté or roast them.

Slice them and use them to make a Spanish-style tortilla. Fry in a small amount of oil to rewarm but not brown them before adding to your egg mixture.

my mom made cod cakes with left over mashed potatoes.

potato and cheese blintz

homefries

potato salad

put in chicken or beef or veggie soup

depends what kind of potato you made. Did you mash them? Did you cut them? Do they have sckin? Tell us more if you want us to be more specific.

Hash. Dice or slice the potatoes, an onion, and the meat of your choice (I usually use something leftover: ham, beef, corned beef, chicken, smoked sausage). Peppers if you are so inclined. Mom even got us to eating fish on fridays by chopping fish into it. All is fried to a crisp in a skillet. Serve with a salad. Yummy meal for any time of the day (break an egg per person over it if doing breakfast). (Oh, start with sauteeing any fresh vegs you're cooking with the leftovers so they will be cooked when you're through).

Every north indian dish consists of potatoes. If i would have had boiled potatoes in excess, I would either mash them and then use the mash for preparing cutlets or rolls or either use them for preparing the dish

I suggest you flavor it with rosemary, thyme and pepper and a bit of salt then saute it it butter for 5 minutes...serve warm with any chicken or meat dish

Hash. Dice or slice the potatoes, an onion, and the meat of your choice (I usually use something leftover: ham, beef, corned beef, chicken, smoked sausage). Peppers if you are so inclined. Mom even got us to eating fish on fridays by chopping fish into it. All is fried to a crisp in a skillet. Serve with a salad. Yummy meal for any time of the day (break an egg per person over it if doing breakfast). (Oh, start with sauteeing any fresh vegs you're cooking with the leftovers so they will be cooked when you're through).
I was going to say that. Plus, you could dice and add to a soup or stew!

Back
Top Bottom