Bulk Breakfast Burritos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Perhaps a recipe of a smaller nature:

Breakfast Burritos

Serving Size : 3

1/2 pound ground beef
1 small onion -- chopped
1/2 small green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cups potato -- parboiled, diced
4 eggs
9 flour tortillas
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Brown the ground beef with the onions. Drain the fat, then add the spices and diced potatoes.

Whisk the eggs and milk slightly. Add to beef/potato mixture over medium-high/high. Mix together as in scrambled eggs.

Warm flour tortillas on a hot griddle. Put egg/beef mixture on warmed tortilla and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.

Fold the tortilla making a burrito.

Serve with salsa of your choice.

That is a great idea! I am so NOT a breakfast person, and know I sohuld try to eat in the AM, this is a great easy way to go. A good friend of mine also got me eating a bit of quick easy breakfast casserole in the AM. It is from a bisquick box, she make a caserole every sunday, when it is cool she slicesi t and freezes the slices in zip bags for breakfast all week! Thanks for sharing!

My actual favorite is a homemade Egg McMuffin -- an English Muffin (or a small hamburger bun), a slice of cheese, a meat (sausage, bacon, etc), and an egg (or EggBeaters) done in a round egg frame. Everything is cooked, assembled, and then the sandwiches individually frozen. Reheat in the microwave for breakfast.

Egg Frame

My actual favorite is a homemade Egg McMuffin -- an English Muffin (or a small hamburger bun), a slice of cheese, a meat (sausage, bacon, etc), and an egg (or EggBeaters) done in a round egg frame. Everything is cooked, assembled, and then the sandwiches individually frozen. Reheat in the microwave for breakfast.

I had a commercial egg frame years ago it has been long lost.
I have been making my Egg McMuffin with just a scrambled egg.
Yesterday after opening a can of crushed pineapple I cut out the bottom, now I have a new Egg frame.
Maybe test it tomorrow!!

I make a breakfast burrito for myself almost every morning.

Mine consists of hash browns that I shred ahead of time, onion, and eggs. I fry this in bacon grease saved from the few times I fry bacon.

My cost is under .50 cents. Some one gives us eggs so no cost there. Potatoes and onions are cheap. If I have to pay more than $1.50 for a package of tortillas then I go with out and make it an omlette.

Thanks for sharing! I'm on the road alot during my day so something I can grab and go with in the morning is perfect! I read in the reviews that someone tried cubed potatoes but it didn't work. I wonder if shredded would ...

I wanted to try this recipe for myself and my son. I wanted something healthy and low in calories, and he just wanted egg burritos. I played around with a few ingredients, and my burritos came out to about 50 cents each. What really made me happy was that I was able to bring each one in under less than 300 calories. All of the smallish sized breakfast burritos at the fast food places are roughly 300 calories and higher.
Thanks for the idea!
Chrissy

I had a commercial egg frame years ago it has been long lost.
I have been making my Egg McMuffin with just a scrambled egg.
Yesterday after opening a can of crushed pineapple I cut out the bottom, now I have a new Egg frame.
Maybe test it tomorrow!!
a tuna can my work better. Just my $.02.

Kudos to all of you for making such an effort to prepare food that is nutritious and inexpensive! When I was still working, that would have been a great item to grab and eat on the way to work...I may try it anyway. I have some chipotle flour tortillas in the frig that would be good.

Back
Top Bottom