Buy groceries in bulk online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrazenAmateur

Senior Cook
I never knew about stuff like this until yesterday, but apparently some food items are available online, in bulk, at prices FAR below what you pay in grocery stores.

Personally, I'm a big fan of "tinned fish". I love sardines, tuna, mackerel, and herring. My favorite is the "kippered" herring, the smoked kind. I'm a big fan of the "Polar" brand, it makes a great quick meal with some crackers, cheese, pickled veg, and a beer.

The tins cost about $3.50 in my local supermarket. Check this out, I can get a package of 18 from Amazon for only $21.50! That's like $1.19 per tin! These are TOP QUALITY German-canned kippers, definitely at the premium end for this kind of product in America, but I'd be getting them for peanuts.

18 Pack Case of 3.54oz. Kipper Snacks: Amazon.com: Grocery

Not sure what other food items can be bought this way, but I'll definitely be on the lookout.

Last year I was anxious to try Kashi 7 Whole Grain Pilaf and couldn't find it anywhere so bought a case from Amazon - and it IS good... but it was just too much - I ended up giving boxes away to everyone who came to my house. hah! But for something that you love and use very often, that's a great deal.

Back
Top Bottom