Chicken Supreme Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this with some changes is the chicken dish all my kids and grandkids request for dinner bdays i mix soup, mayo,lemon juice and chili pwd. we don't like curry. i line a 9x13 pan with brocc. about three min in micro, cover with chicken. pour sauce on top, put cheese on that (i use a mild cheddar) then crumbs melted buttered. bake til brown or bubblys. usually serve with a salad and a veg. mostly i use corn. use two tablespoons of chili pwd. can increase or decrease according to taste.

Chicken Supreme Casserole

1 box frozen chopped broccoli
cooked chicken cut into bite-size pieces
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp curry powder (or to taste)
bread crumbs

In a baking dish place broccoli and cover with chicken pieces, cover this with sauce made from soup, mayo, and curry powder, place bread crumbs on top. Sprinkle melted butter or margarine over top. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.

I would serve over rice.

I'm sorry, but that recipe reminds me of everything that was wrong with popular American cooking in the 1950s and 60s. Canned soup and mayonnaise? Frozen broccoli? Please!

Listen, it's easy to make the same dish for less money, with fewer weird chemical additives, more flavor and better texture.

Instead of the canned soup and mayo, make a simple cream sauce and flavor it with the curry, and perhaps some sauteed onions, carrots, and celery, or maybe just a good chicken broth (Swanson's is very good, as is Progresso).

Use fresh broccoli instead of frozen (which is to fresh as Tang is to an orange) -- just steam it and cut it up; the amount isn't at all critical.

I guarantee you that the results will be superior.

Back
Top Bottom