Fruited Yogurt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
Dw had asked for Yogurt with her lunch. I fooled around with the little cups a while, and then I thought about it.

I buy the largest container of organic lowfat plain Yogurt they have. I have a little chopper, holds about a cup. I put fresh fruit in, about 1/3, a tbsp of splenda and fill the rest with plain yogurt.

Fresh fruit yougurt tastes better. Lots of different varieties and combinations, many you cannot buy in a store. Also the large tubs of plain cost less.

Just hit in the idea of finding one of those home ice pop kits and using it for making fruited yogurt snacks.

AC

We also buy the big tubs of both the plain & sometimes Vanilla yogurts in order to make our own concoctions. Add granola, honey, fruit, etc., etc. In fact, husband frequently uses it on breakfast cereal instead of milk.

Stonyfield Farm makes amazing organic yogurt. I would use that as a base and add naturally sweet fruits such as bananas. You don't need any extra sweetener. I prefer the full-fat version as well. We do need fats to live and yogurt seems like a great source.

Back
Top Bottom