Here's my Budget dish "Homemade ravioli"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chile Chef

Sous Chef
1 bag of cheese Ravioli $4,99
2.Bunches of parsley $2,00
3.small can of diced tomato's $1,09
4.Can of diced chiles $2,49
5.Can of tomato soup $0.44 ( great value tastes good by the way )
6.1 can of milk
7.1 teaspoon of lemon juice
8.2 cloves of Garlic Minced chopped.
9.Parsley Minced chopped
10.Pinch of Salt
11.Pinch of Black ground pepper

What you do is to thaw the ravioli and use half the bag.

Keep the Sauce pan on low to medium heat until everything is added.

Step 1.Pour the half of the bag of ravioli in to a medium ( or big sauce pan).

Step 2.Take your teaspoon and scoop out x2 amounts of chiles from the can and store the rest in the fridge.

Step 3.Pour the can of diced tomatoes into the pan.

Step 4.Do the same with the can of tomato soup

Step 5.Do the same with the can of milk "just use one of the tomato can for the measurement of milk.

Step 6.Add a pinch of salt & pepper

Step 7.Add 2 cloves of garlic you minced earlier

Step 8.Add 21/2 table spoons of minced parsley.

Step 9 Turn the stove knob to high and let the the mixture come to a boil!

Step 10. As soon as it comes to a boil let boil for 5 minutes while stirring everything together.

Step 11. Turn the heat back down to medium after 5 minutes and let simmer for 20 minutes.

You may use the parsley as a garnish if you don't want it in your soup.

Last edited by a moderator:
You mean a BUNCH of parsley, right?
You don't boil your ravioli, just thaw and cook it in the sauce?
How many servings?

There is hardly anything "homemade" about thawing out a bag of ravioli. The sauce sounds interesting.

You mean a BUNCH of parsley, right?
You don't boil your ravioli, just thaw and cook it in the sauce?
How many servings?
I would say for 2 fullsized adults about 2-3 helpings if you use a half bag of ravioli and no I mean 1/4th cup like it said to in my other recipe, I've used the same ammount since it was tired and true tested by some one else.

I would thaw out only as many ravioli as I need for this dish.
That's exactly what I did, and I've only used a half bag and the rest is back into the freezer for another nites dish.

There is hardly anything "homemade" about thawing out a bag of ravioli. The sauce sounds interesting.
Next time I'm actually going to leave out the diced tomatoes and only use a bunch of parsely, This whole sauce was a trail run that came from my head!

And should I rename it Semi Homemade and become another Sandra lee?

I don't think I would be as pretty as she is :P

A bushel is about the size of a laundry basket - 5 to 6 gallons.

Yes, Chile, Arky has it right. Look up the definition of "bushel." What you purchased, like what is stocked at grocery stores all across America, is a "bunch."

cross-post.
you are welcome.
and that was the point of my asking in the first place. Maybe you ought to proof read your list of ingredients and their measure, first.

Last edited:
Yes, Chile, Arky has it right. Look up the definition of "bushel." What you purchased, like what is stocked at grocery stores all across America, is a "bunch."

cross-post.
you are welcome.
Thank you Wyogal again, I learn something new every day!

I'm so glad I didn't choose culinary school or I would would probably be laughed at when it came time to buy ingredients for my recipes.

Here I just get it drilled into my head :)

By the way I did mean bunches and I got the rest drying out in a fruit dehydrator so I can use the rest as dry herbs.

Chile Chef - a "BUSHEL" is a HUGE basket. You obviously must mean a "BUNCH", as Wyogal indicated (& you completely ignored). Come on now - at this point you have to be pulling our legs with this kind of stuff.

And I have to agree with Wyogal that this isn't "Homemade Ravioli". "Homemade Ravioli" is when you actually make/form the ravioli yourself - not just cook a frozen commercial bag of it.
I don't pull anyone's leg, I reall am that stupid when it comes to sizes i.e bushel, pint, quart, gallon.

Ok maybe not so much the gallon. So that was kind of mean Breezycooking what you said!

Back
Top Bottom