King ranch chicken question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dina

Executive Chef
I got the "verbal" recipe from a friend but not sure if I got it right. I'm sure there are lots of versions to king ranch chicken casserole. Here's mine: I made my own Rotel (chopped fresh tomatoes, cilantro, onions, jalapeños, garlic), brown 3 chicken breasts (diced them), threw in some chopped bell peppers, brown some white, brown and wild rice, threw everything back in pot with some chicken stock. Cooked in a dutch oven. Tossed with corn tortilla chips, cream of mushroom and cream of poblano peppers, topped with Mexican blend cheeses, baked for 20 minutes. What's your version? Need more chicken breast casserole recipes please. :) Thank you! ;)

I made a good one the other night, using boneless skinless breasts. Cut them in half horizontally if they are thick and beat out into thin cutlets. Mix 15 oz ricotta, 1o oz. pkg. drained frozen spinach, a beaten egg, 1 1/2 cups grated mozzerella, about half a cup grated Parmesan, same amount of diced onion and season with salt, pepper, garlic and Italian herbs. Put a glob on each breast, roll and place seam-side down in sprayed baking dish. Pour a jar of spaghetti sauce over the top, cover, and bake at 350 about 45 minute, or until inner temp is 160. To plate, spoon some sauce over the rolled breast and grate some fresh Parmesan over the top.
You could have pasta with that, but we just had toasted sliced Italian bread to mop up the good sauce.
Do use a good brand ( like Prego or Bertoli), but don't feel like you're compromising the quality of the dish by using jarred sauce, as the juices from the chicken and some of the stuffing combine with the sauce as it cooks, and the taste is quite authentic.

easy= blanched broccoli, put in greased casserole, top with chopped cooked chicken mix mayo, cream of mushroom soup , lemon juice, chili powder,(i use a lot) pour over chicken layer, sprinkle with cheddar cheese, make buttered ritz cracker crumbs and bake at 350 til hot and bubbly, about 45 min. will give amounts if anyone is interested.

Back
Top Bottom