My Grocery Expenses tracked over the past 16 years.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I thought you guys were married or in a relationship.

I'm no expert on how food stamps work, but the laws about keeping food separate are probably more along the lines of "you can't be feeding other people with your food stamps and thus overstating how many food stamps you need"? But heck at $136/month, there's no chance of that. ;)

They probably just have the laws a certain way to keep certain people from abusing the system. If you were to buy certain items and he were to buy certain items, and you both ended up eating all the items in one month and used all the food stamps up AND your collective nutritional needs were better met that way. I don't think that'd be against the law. But like I said who knows. The government's pretty silly with their laws.

Plus some people just like to keep their food separate and have widely divergent food tastes.

Pirate is my middle son and 53 y.o. He became disabled about a year ago. We are presently waiting for an apartment for a disabled to become available. I have four children ranging from 60 to 43. Daughter is oldest and retired, Spike, a contractor with his own business, Pirate and Poo, who is presently practicing medicine for ER in Vermont.

Pirate installed carpet and did tiling work for 20 years. Then his knees gave out and he trained for plumbing. The knee situation caught up with him and can now only take a few steps at a time.

I am a widow twice. I have outlived two and am not looking for a third victim. :angel:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom