Old Cheese Lovers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rocklobster

Master Chef
If you are an old and stinky cheese fan like myself , here is something maybe you haven't considered.
When shopping for cheese, especially in the larger supermarkets, check the expiry dates on the Artizan cheeses such as Cambozola, French farmers etc. They actually are better long after the imposed best before date. If I find recently expired stuff, I get them to sell it to me at a reduced price. They are going to throw it out, anyway. Maybe you can convince them to just give it to you. Here in Canada, you can pay anywhere from 5 ot 10 bucks for a small round. Sometimes, depending on the cheese, I bring it home and leave it in the fridge for another two weeks....

Last edited:
Rocky mate I prefer mature to old as I resemble your remark:)
Can you buy Brie de Meaux in Canada or Stinking Bishop? I cant wait to be promote from a Stinking Friar to a Stinking Bishop.

lol, bolas andi are old and stinky. does that mean we can be cheese fans?

lol, sorry. i'm either immature, or both...

Personally mate I think I have reached the cusp. I started life wearing diapers and I feel I am on the slippery slope..............:ermm:

buckytom said:
lol, bolas andi are old and stinky. does that mean we can be cheese fans?

lol, sorry. i'm either immature, or both...

I knew there was an "old and stinky" joke in there crying to get out! Thanks for coming to it's rescue Bucky! I didn't want to be the one to have to do it!

I was going to put an old and stinky joke in there, but I figured somebody would come along and do it for me soon enough.:LOL: Yes Bolais, we have Brie de Meaux. One of my faves. Another one is Rouy. A small orange rind which comes in its own box. I like to leave it in the fridge for a few weeks after I bring it home. Then, out on the counter all day(covered of course) to soften up before eating it....

Back
Top Bottom