One of my FAVORITE meals..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff G.

Head Chef
I don't make it very often as it is "fried"..

A big skillet of fried potatoes with onion, a hunk of cheddar or colby cheese on the side and slice or two of bread with butter..

Now that is a meal!!!!

Cheap--a few potatoes, a bit of onion(optional), a piece of cheese and a couple of slices of bread with butter.. Of course you have to add in the ketchup for the potatoes.....

Can't go wrong with fried potatoes, onions and cheese. Sounds wonderful. My mom used to make this often, and would add a can of corned beef. So I guess that made it corned beef hash. I remember it so fondly, but haven't made it in many years. Wonder if it would still taste as good? I have a can of corned beef - think I'll try it soon.....

Low on groceries today, so for lunch I boiled some potatoes. Butter, sour cream, s&p, and some shredded cheddar, and I was in Heaven!

I don't make it very often as it is "fried"..

A big skillet of fried potatoes with onion, a hunk of cheddar or colby cheese on the side and slice or two of bread with butter..

Now that is a meal!!!!

Cheap--a few potatoes, a bit of onion(optional), a piece of cheese and a couple of slices of bread with butter.. Of course you have to add in the ketchup for the potatoes.....

Imho, you just ruined it when you mentioned the ketchup. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yum! This post would be equally welcome in the comfort food thread. The hunk of cheese raises it up. It is after midnight and I am contemplating frying potatoes!!!!!!!!

I just had this skillet breakfast at a new cafe yesterday but they added Mexican chorizo to the potatoes, onions & cheese with hot salsa instead of ketchup. It was yummy. :)

Salsa, I can see, but ketchup? Ewwwww......

I've got a Cajun recipe that's similar. You start out with thinly-sliced spuds, fry them in a skillet, then, just about when they're done, start adding small amounts of chicken stock, stir, add more stock, stir, etc., until you have a cross between fried taters and mashed taters. Season to taste with salt and pepper. It's really good, just a little different.

Ketchup is THE breakfast condiment around here!

I use a squirt of ketchup on my corned beef hash, hash brown potatoes, scrambled eggs, and rye bread-with-bacon sandwiches. I would definitely have it with Jeff's dish.

Lee

I think maybe it's something from the northeast, Lee. I grew up in PA but I've lived in Georgia for over 30 years and I still eat ketchup on my scrambled eggs and corned beef hash. Everyone thinks I'm a little weird.

I love Ketchup..... cant help it.

Put it on my moms polpette once and she threatened never to make them for me again....now they get eaten with spring greens and a balsamic vinagrette.

good eats

to each his on, as a child always had ketchup on my scrambled egss, still do it some time. Yes, cheese, fried potatoes and onions. Love it.

diced potatoes and onions. yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumy! i don't fix it often but when i do hubby and i definetly enyoy every bite.
when i fry the potatoes and onions i fry them a good olive oil to avoid the saturated fat. i top them with a small amount of salt and pepper and hubby likes salt, pepper and catsup.
potatoes and onions definetly belong in with the list of comfort foods. :chef::chef:

If you want a less fattening way to fix fried potatoes, bake them first, then slice and brown in a non-stick skillet with just a little grease for flavor. Do not peel.

I love catsup on my fried potatoes!

If you want a less fattening way to fix fried potatoes, bake them first, then slice and brown in a non-stick skillet with just a little grease for flavor. Do not peel.

I love catsup on my fried potatoes!

Comfort food, needs to be a little fatting, so I like my potatoes cooked with some oil, just have to be smart enough to not to need to be comforted that much. :LOL:

And yes love catsup on fires. But has any one tried mayonnaise?? I love it on fries/ fried potatoes. Also, like to mix yellow mustard with mayonnaise and use it on fires and fried fish instead of tartar sause.

Beef Bulgogi on top of fried potatoes, ideally with a couple avocado slices and some kimchi, is the greatest breakfast food known to man.

Back
Top Bottom