"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Budget Friendly Dishes

Old 11-02-2008, 05:26 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Quick and Easy Mock Stroganoff

Quick and easy mock stroganoff

Bag of frozen meat balls (thawed)
1 family size can cream of mushroom soup
1 small container of sour cream
1 Tablespoon of worchestershire sauce
1 4oz can sliced mushrooms
1/2 Table spoon dried parley flakes
Cooked egg noodles

In a large pot heat meatballs, soup, worchestershire sauce, and mushrooms. Cook on low and heat until meatballs are heated through. Add sour cream and heat until heated through. Serve over cooked egg noodles and sprinkle with parsley flakes.

Old 11-02-2008, 06:19 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
sounds good and easy.
I'd prbly find some way to add some onions too. :)

Old 11-02-2008, 07:19 PM   #3
Head Chef

Another one.. canned beef in gravy, small can sliced mushrooms, sour cream, garlic powder, egg noodles.

lightly brown the mushrooms in oil with the garlic powder. Stir in the canned beef with gravy. Boil up the egg noodles. Stir the sour cream into the beef mixture, serve over noodles.. surprisingly tasty.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:44 PM   #4
Senior Cook

Sounds great thanks for the recipe!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
Certified Cake Maniac

I have another version I used to make

Fry a pound of ground beef, add onions and garlic and cook till onions are tender. Add 10 oz can of mushroom soup and one of beef broth (or boullion), a couple of dashes of worstershire sauce, parsley and a can of mushrooms, drained. Add a half a bag of egg noodles (raw), cover and cook until noodles are tender. Stir in a cup of sour cream. The noodles really take on the flavour of the stroganoff and it is just as easy.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I have another version I used to make

Fry a pound of ground beef, add onions and garlic and cook till onions are tender. Add 10 oz can of mushroom soup and one of beef broth (or boullion), a couple of dashes of worstershire sauce, parsley and a can of mushrooms, drained. Add a half a bag of egg noodles (raw), cover and cook until noodles are tender. Stir in a cup of sour cream. The noodles really take on the flavour of the stroganoff and it is just as easy.
Laurie, your take on stroganoff sounds very yummy. i am curious though, how to you store the noodles after they have been boiled ? should they be eaten after ready to eat and not be stored ? it sounds so easy to make and good, sounds like it shouldn't take too much time too, just perfect for me. btw, i think i will skip the wortershire sauce because i have a fish allergy, and it has anchoives in it i think, at least, i seem to rememeber that in the ingredients -- i hope thats ok.
Old 11-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
sounds good and easy.
I'd prbly find some way to add some onions too. :)
I would fry off the onions in a small amount of oil to get the flavour going, then add the other ingredients. I agree that would add a nother depth of flavour for little extra effort.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:32 PM   #8
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldramon View Post
Laurie, your take on stroganoff sounds very yummy. i am curious though, how to you store the noodles after they have been boiled ? should they be eaten after ready to eat and not be stored ? it sounds so easy to make and good, sounds like it shouldn't take too much time too, just perfect for me. btw, i think i will skip the wortershire sauce because i have a fish allergy, and it has anchoives in it i think, at least, i seem to rememeber that in the ingredients -- i hope thats ok.
I am not sure I understand your question. I take broad egg noodles I buy in a bag from the store (I use "No Yolks" brand) and I just pour the uncooked noodles right into the the strognanoff. I do not boil them first. The liquids in the pan cook them perfectly. Just make sure the pan is covered during this process.

You can leave the Worcestershire out, I just find it deepens the flavour.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote