Tacos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jeekinz, here are two authentic recipes for taco fillings...the carnitas are wicked, but delicious beyond description. Use lard if you can get it. The chicken tinga is a very common taco/enchilada filling, and very good also. In my little town, the meat would be heaped on an open soft corn taco - two to a large plate - and then adorned with sliced onion, thinly sliced radishes, maybe some avocado, and lime wedges. Salsas on the side. You just fold the taco in half, gabbing it firmly to enclose all the goodies, and chomp away. Maybe some beans also on the side - not refried.

http://mexicanfood.about.com/od/gotpork/r/carnitas.htm

Chicken Tinga Tostados - Allrecipes

MexicoKaren,

Is it possible to give a substitute for chipoltes in adobo sauce? You can't find it here--sounds delish!:)

expatgirl said:
Is it possible to give a substitute for chipoltes in adobo sauce?

How well I know what you are dealing with! Have to substitute things all the time. I'd just use some dried red peppers or even red pepper flakes if you have them. Chipotles are smoked jalapenos, so if you have some liquid smoke or smoked salt, a tiny bit of that would help capture the flavor. But it doesn't have to be exact - it will still be good.

I chopped up the leftover meat and added it to a mixture of jarred taco sauce, chopped onion and an array of peppers from my garden. We had some leftover bell pepper rice so a scoop of that went on the tortilla too. Sides were homemeade red beans and fried plantaines.

img_684442_0_44125c0b4e7cfc58918aab7481fbca79.jpg

Back
Top Bottom