What is your limit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deelady

Executive Chef
What is your usual budget you try to stick to for a weeks worth of groceries or two weeks worth?

I am currently just shopping for my daughter and I and it seems lately I am hitting about a hundred a week (with coupns!) and I cringe each time! Is this a normal amount? Or is this the change in grocery prices??

So what amount do you TRY to stay under whith you trip to the store?

Just Paul and I here too... and 100$ used to do it... I think we're up to about $150 a week now. It hurts but what can ya do. We need to eat.

ALDI for most stuff, lots of coupons anywhere else. Love to get things on sale and have a coupon as well. Most grocery stores here are even taking expired coupons as well. That and right now we are keeping meals simple to keep them cheap.

When Buck was alive, we spent $95 per week, which included pet foods/supplies, too. Now I spend significantly less, mostly because I have no appetite and eat just to "fill the hole." It takes me over a month to finish a 12-ounce bag of potato chips.

Like Maverick, I shop at Aldi. Also, take advantage of specials and am a coupon hound.

budget? what's a budget?

:(

we spend around $200 a week, and get takeout once or twice a week. usually sushi ($65), or italian ($50), and usually eat out for sunday brunch or dinner (another $50 to $75) . so, i guess we come in around $300+.

i have no idea where all of that goes.

I usually spend a good $100 a week on groceries. We very seldom eat out.....I can cook just about anything we would order a whole cheaper. With the way the economy is going I will probably be eating out even less! :ohmy:

i grocery shop on line once a month. runs about 300 dollars. now remember that includes cat supplies, paper goods, cleaning supplies, food bags, foil etc. so not all is on food. since i don't drive this is the best way i have figured out how to do it. :cool:

oh, i didn't think of that stuff. just food.

we buy paper products and stuff like aluminum foil, ziplock bags, garbage bags, etc. at costco, seperate from our food bill.

the pets are another story. chalk up another $40 a week for them. (cats, parrots, hermit crabs, and a turtle)

There are two of us. I pack my B'Fast and lunch daily. I pack DW's lunch. We cook dinner in. Maybe twice a week at the local diner for $25.00 or so. Groceries, including expendables is about $170.00. New York Metro area.

AC

There are two of us. I pack my B'Fast and lunch daily. I pack DW's lunch. We cook dinner in. Maybe twice a week at the local diner for $25.00 or so. Groceries, including expendables is about $170.00. New York Metro area.

AC
Is that per week Adillo?

And babe how many is yours for??

Thank you for eveyones responses, I was feeling like I wasn't watching my spending very well but I guess what we spend is looking pretty average!

i grocery shop on line once a month. runs about 300 dollars. now remember that includes cat supplies, paper goods, cleaning supplies, food bags, foil etc. so not all is on food. since i don't drive this is the best way i have figured out how to do it. :cool:

Same here, babe. Buck's and my $95/week expenditure included ALL our shopping items. Detergents, paper goods, pet supplies (I already mentioned), canned, fresh and frozen foods. I also purchase OTC pharmacy items and toiletries and make-up, etc. out of that money.

Been shopping this way for more years than I can count, especially when the 5 children were small and I had to make our money s-t-r-e-t-c-h.

We spend about 100-150 a week , which includes pet food, paper products etc. There is only 2 of us. We shop on Wednesday for the 5% off senior discount. as well as clip coupons.

My budget is $175 a week and that includes everything - paper products, booze, baby supplies (even though he is not a baby anymore) -- I usually go over - that does not include eating and/or ordering out - we are a family of four.

Good point, I didn't count the dog food, aluminum foil, or garbage bags. We don't buy paper products except toilet paper.

Dee lady - Yes that is per week. Buying B'Fast in NYC used to cost between $$7 and $10. Lunch was $7 to $15. DW was also buying lunch. While the grocery bill seems higher than what the rest are posting, I think we are saving. Since it is all measl. Dog food / pet supplies are bought in bulk. Food 200# at at time. Nupro 20# pails. Bovine femers about 2 every other moth.

AC

Back
Top Bottom