Almost Chicken Alfredo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MexicoKaren

Head Chef
For something a little lighter than the full cream deal:

SKILLET CHICKEN ALMOST ALFREDO WITH VEGETABLES

1/2 lb chicken breasts, sliced thin into strips
2 TBS butter
Salt and pepper

3 TBS butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
½ cup cream

I cup broccoli, chopped
1 cup carrots, sliced julienne

½ pound fettuccine noodles
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish

Cook fettuccine noodles, broccoli and carrots together in a generous pot of boiling water for about 8 minutes, drain.

Meanwhile, in a skillet that is large enough to accommodate entire dish, sauté chicken pieces in butter until done, stirring frequently. Season to taste. Do not overcook. Set aside.

In same skillet, add 3 TBS butter and sauté on medium heat garlic until almost caramelized. Add broth to deglaze skillet, let simmer a few minutes, scraping bottom of skillet. Then add cream and ½ cup parmesan cheese, stir until slightly thickened.

Add chicken, stir in noodles and vegetables. Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese and stir gently. Serves 2 generously.

Karen, you're recipe sounds great! Have you ever used 1/2 and 1/2 instead of the cream? It's something I always have on hand since I've used it in scones when they call for heavy cream - and it substitutes fine for scones.

CG, there's no such product here in Mexico, although evaporated milk is a fairly good substitute. The cream here is very heavy cream - really scrumptious. You can certainly mix it with milk for 1/2 and 1/2.

Karen, good heavens, your recipe is making my mouth water..Was trying to decide what to do with some chicken, now I'm set..Thanks for sharing.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom