Chicken with Noodles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
One of my favorites is using canned chicken, egg noodles and cream of chicken soup. You can also use canned turkey or tuna and other cream soups. You can add veggies to it as well.

Michael, I'm thinking that WAS a recipe.

Mix canned chicken with some cooked noodles and a can of cream of chicken soup. Heat through.

Am I close, Lady?

Lee

Sounds good. Could you share a little more info .... like maybe a recipe?

I don't use a recipe :) but this is what I do:

1 can of chicken breast ( or other meat or tuna)
1 bag of egg noodles , medium sized noodles.
1 can of cream of chicken soup (sometimes I use cream of celery)
1 can of peas

Start boiling water for the noodles, open all the cans.
Break up the chicken in pieces and put in skillet , turn on burner on low.
When noodles are done, drain and put in the skillet along with the soup, and the peas. Add half a can of cream or milk or half and half.
If you want more seasoning , you can add whatever you like .
Heat everything that is in the skillet , thoroughly, on medium heat , stir occasionaly to keep from sticking.
Serve with bread, or dinner rolls.

oh also sometimes I will add cheese to it , like chedder or whatever I have on hand.

Last edited:
Michael, I'm thinking that WAS a recipe.

Mix canned chicken with some cooked noodles and a can of cream of chicken soup. Heat through.

Am I close, Lady?

Lee
:LOL: you posted while I was typing the recipe.

That's interesting. Here's what I would do differently; I would drain the noodles, then add everything to the pot I cooked the noodles in to finish it off, but y'all know I'm a big fan of a one pot meal.
I think putting the chicken in a skillet first, maybe with a little butter and seasoning, would add a nice flavor/texture to the canned chicken. And you're only adding one more pot that water and noodles boiled in....

Thanks!

edited to add: I'm glad this was elaborated on.

:) My favorite noodles for scratch chicken soup is the No-Yolk egg noodles I toss some in when soup is done and cook till done. I like them because they honestly do not fall apart no matter how many times you heat it up of course I only microwave as much as I need. I like to add a bit of shredded cheese and fresh chives after heating.

When we roast a chicken, we like to use the leftovers in a recipe like that one. It's a bit better than the canned chicken (We've done it both ways).

That's interesting. Here's what I would do differently; I would drain the noodles, then add everything to the pot I cooked the noodles in to finish it off, but y'all know I'm a big fan of a one pot meal.
I think putting the chicken in a skillet first, maybe with a little butter and seasoning, would add a nice flavor/texture to the canned chicken. And you're only adding one more pot that water and noodles boiled in....

Thanks!

edited to add: I'm glad this was elaborated on.

good idea to make it one pot . ;)

One of my favorites is using canned chicken, egg noodles and cream of chicken soup. You can also use canned turkey or tuna and other cream soups. You can add veggies to it as well.

Do they make canned turkey? I don't think I've ever see it.

I sometimes make something like this with tuna and mushroom soup and frozen peas. Sometimes a can of mushrooms. I usually intend to make it into a casserole, but end up eating a bunch of it before it's been baked.

MMMMMMM ... maybe I'll make some for lunch.

Do they make canned turkey? I don't think I've ever see it.

I sometimes make something like this with tuna and mushroom soup and frozen peas. Sometimes a can of mushrooms. I usually intend to make it into a casserole, but end up eating a bunch of it before it's been baked.

MMMMMMM ... maybe I'll make some for lunch.

I bought some canned turkey at Sam's Club the other day. I don't know if other stores have it or not.

OK, dumb question here - do you not thin out the cream of "whatever" soup with something? You just use it full-strength? Isn't it really salty and strong?

LadyCook - love the peas in it!!!!

OK, dumb question here - do you not thin out the cream of "whatever" soup with something? You just use it full-strength? Isn't it really salty and strong?

LadyCook - love the peas in it!!!!

I do mix some milk or half and half with it but only half a soup can. I don't want soup . ;) You could buy the low sodium soups . Also it doesn't taste salty and strong to me because it is mixed with the other foods.

I don't think their "cream of" soups taste salty straight up either. I often use the mushroom with pork chop dishes and barely add any additional liquid, unless I am adding rice, too.
But then, I like salt...

Back
Top Bottom