Here is another version and our readers gave us a number of additions and alterations such as using unsweetened apple juice instead of oil, and chocolate instead of the drops.
We found it to be delicious so can't wait to try your version
What you need…
4 Tablespoons cake flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
1 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoons oil
3 Tablespoons chocolate drops (optional)
And this is what you do
- Crack an egg and add it to your mug. Be sure to mix it well to avoid any pockets of flour in the corners.
- Add dry ingredients to the mug, and mix well.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
- Add the chocolate drops if you’ve got them, and a splash of vanilla essence too.
- Pop your mug into the microwave & zap for 3 minutes on maximum power (1000watt).
- Wait until the cake stops rising, and sets in the mug.
- If necessary, run a knife around the sides of the mug, and tip the still warm cake out of the mug and onto a saucer.
Add a dollop of cream if you wish and sit back and enjoy with a coffee.
You can check out the comments on our website
for this recipe. Thank you for sharing.