Easy Salisbury Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Luvs2Cook

Head Chef
This is a recipe I found and tried and adjusted. It's quite simple and very tasty.! Thought I'd share. Enjoy :chef:

SALISBURY STEAK
10 3/4 ounces cream of mushroom soup, condensed
1 1/2 pounds ground beef, lean
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, or cracker crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 onion, finely chopped
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup water
Heat oven to 350 F. In medium bowl, combine 1/4 of the soup with remaining ingredients except water; mix well. Shape into 6 patties; arrange in single layer in 13 x 9-inch or 12 x8-inch baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 F. for 30 minutes. Skim off fat. In small bowl, combine remaining soup and water; spoon over patties. Return to oven and bake for 10 minutes. If desired, garnish with mushroom slices.
Serving Size: 6

Even though I'd be subbing in ground turkey for the beef, still looks like a good weeknight meal with some mashed potatoes & a nice green salad. Also - not to impinge on your recipe - but I'd probably add a small can (or fresh sauteed) mushrooms & a little dry sherry to the remaining soup for the sauce.

Thanks!

I am new here so this recipe most likely should have been posted under a 'beef' heading and not easy minute meals. Sorry about that. Although it really is quite an easy dish to prepare.

Sounds good! I'll have to try it soon. I too will add mushrooms, yummmmy!

Made it tonight. Good!
Added some mushrooms sauteed in butter and white wine at the last 10 minutes.
Added some minced garlic and 1 TBSP of Worcestershire Sauce to the meat.
Added 2 TBSP dried parsley to the meat, too.

First time I've done hamburger patties in the oven; usually I pan fry them with brown
gravy. This was better for sure.

GF
Your additions sounded terrific. I'm certain this recipe can be altered in many ways. Last time I made it I used a few portabello mushrooms on top. I'll defiitely try doing the mushs. in wine next time!
I've done other Sals. Steak recipes that needed frying and a whole bunch of ingredients, thats why this particular one struck my fancy. Was just so easy! ;) L2C

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! I've never made Salisbury Steak before!

Great! Copied and saved - thanks!

Lee

Thanks for sharing this Luvs2Cook!

It sounds about like the way Mom made it - except she did it in a skillet on the stovetop and she didn't drain the fat! Okay - maybe a little more water to make a little more "gravy" - served over a bed of Minute Rice or egg noodles ... :ermm:

Growing up, it was a staple in our house too, although without a cream gravy - just the pan juices with some sliced mushrooms & Worcestershire Sauce added.

I made this tonight with 2 lbs of burger, making 6 patties. Used 2 eggs, 2 cans of soup and increased the other amounts accordingly.

I added garlic to the burger and some sauteed mushrooms to the gravy.

REALLY good .... and EASY!!

Thanks again, Luvs2cook!

Lee

Back
Top Bottom