Inexpensive Tuna Casserole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Being from a family of 8 kids- which we now range from 58 yrs old to 42 yrs old. We grew up on alot of casseroles.
One I still love today. Mom would make a white sauce add tuna and hard boiled eggs cut in half, peas and we would have that over biscuits.
Summer time was her garden soup, she would put a big pot of water add a pile of sting beans, onion, bacon and potatoes. let it boil till all done. she serve it up with a dab of butter on top and we were happy kids.
Hamburger soup, homeade mac and cheese. english muffun pizzas -- lots of many different dishes back then
Real comfort food

i like kraft mac and cheese with peas cooked with the mac. tuna added after the cheese is added. for some reason the cooked tuna tastes really fishy sometimes to me. other times i make it with ham instead.

My mom used to make it about every other week. I still make it once every few months or so, DW doesn't like it so I don't get it much:) I make it real close to what my mom did:

1 bag of egg noodles
2 cans of tuna
2 cans Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/2 milk
1/2 C bread crumbs or potato chips on top

My mom made the mushroom soup one with tuna and chow mein noodles which then turned into WORMS. Yeah, I so didn't like that texture. I like Limberger cheese better than tuna casserole, sorry! ~Bliss

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom