ISO Microwave quick recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arslanzia

Assistant Cook
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for microwave quick recipes which take less than 15min in cooking. Your own created recipes and microwave dishes would be encouraged.
Please send me you quick microwave recipes, i need them ASAP. :(

Looking forward to some fast microwave recipes.

Thank You,

wouldn't know where to start. are u looking for main meals, side dishes, baking ? i use micro for many things that aren't recipes. let me know what u want and i might be able to help

Here are a couple of main meals that I make from start in the microwave and serve one to two:

Slice a potato, spread on an open casserole dish as one layer and zap. While that is happening, chop an onion and a tomato to make a bruchetta-type topping and mix with a can of chick peas or butter beans (your choice). When the potato is cooked, spread a drained can of tuna over the potato slices, top with the onion/tomato/peas mix. Season to your preferences and cover with some taco or nacho sauce, top with grated cheese and zap until cheese has melted.

Mock lasagne - place slices of bread over base of dish, top with your prepared protein (seafood, canned fish, savoury mince, shredded BBQ chicken or precooked veges - whatever grabs your preference), cover with an appropriate sauce (tomato pasta sauce or cream sauce or white sauce, etc which will depend on what your protein/vegetables you use), repeat layers and top with some cream and cheese and zap till cheese has melted.

Make nachos in the microwave or make the same dish but with sliced potatoes instead of corn chips and use either canned tuna, bbq chicked or pre-cooked prawns through the layers for a hearty meal.

Scrambled eggs - mix one beaten egg with a little milk - and any other items you wish eg cheese. Use a large ramekin for best results. Zap for about 20 seconds, stir, zap again but for about 15 seconds, stir, and keep on repeating the process until the liquid has almost gone. Remember that the egg will continue to cook after you remove it from the microwave but you don't want it sloppy. For more eggs or extra ingredients, start with more seconds on the clock but always do it in small stages so you can break the curds up and it doesn't over cook.

HTH

Need them for what?

I need them to make my life easy. I only have a microwave and i live alone. No body is here with me. I have to do every thing own my own. And find very small time for cooking. Thats why.
I find Personal recipes easy to follow rather than typical available.

Thank You In advance for helping me.

wouldn't know where to start. are u looking for main meals, side dishes, baking ? i use micro for many things that aren't recipes. let me know what u want and i might be able to help

Hi there,

I need recipes of dishes involving less and cheap ingredients, easy to cook in micro. I do not have any other thing to cook in. :(

Thank You for you support.

If you Google your microwave, you may find that there is a downloadable manual for it. They usually include recipes. You can make loads of different things in it. Hardest thing is getting the timing right. I do use mine to cook with (as seen above in earlier post), not just shortcut foods but proper dishes and accompaniments. Get the book and have a good read. And don't be afraid to try.

Another cheat's meal I make, is grab a pita wrap or tortilla, spread the nacho/taco sauce on it, spread a mixture of canned crab and canned shrimp over the base, top with cheese and zap. Serve with sour cream.

You can also do this slightly differently using the same ingredients. Instead of spreading the sauce over the base, mix it with the seafood (add some chopped olives etc if you fancy) and some of the grated cheese. place along one edge and roll up like a filled pancake. Put more sauce and grated cheese over the top, zap and again serve with sour cream. Very cheap and very quick and you can vary the ingredients to suit your taste/budget and you can put extra things in like veges to make the mix go further.

Wow Creativity
that really looks tasty, I have to test this out right away.
:)
Do share with me other meals that you cook in micro
Thanks Bilby!

Okay, off the top of my head this one is a fish cake recipe that I adjusted when the oven wasn't working. It became a stand alone dish by upping the amount of fish compared to that required to make the "cakes". Sort of a fishy colcannon.

Get some smoked cod or other "orange" fish. normally cheap here and readily available, but you can substitute other fish, or canned seafood. Shrimps and crab meat work well too. Depends greatly on the company that smokes the fish, and the fish as well, but smoked cod can be very salty. Sometimes it pays to rinse it first. Anyway, in a microsafe container (with a lid preferably), put fish in single layers with a splash of water and a blob of butter on each fillet. Cover with lid or cling wrap but cling wrap can be fickle in my experience. Zap until cooked but don't over cook cos it will toughen. Let cool sufficiently so that you can bone and skin the fillet(s) and flake the fillet, but you still want it to keep some heat. Put to one side covered in foil to keep warm.

Peel as many spuds as you want but sufficient so that the spud to fish ratio is about 60-70% potato. Cut into chunks and put in a microwave safe container, add a spoonful or two of water and maybe some minced or powdered garlic and pepper, if you fancy it. (Normally, I would add salt but the fish can be quite salty, so I refrain here.) Cover with lid/wrap until cooked. Start to mash potatoes and add butter and milk to potato as you go. Best to do this when hot as you don't require as much butter. If you can whip it up a bit it makes for a lighter dish. Add some dried parsley/chives or other herb to your taste. Maybe some sliced spring onion if you have it. (I like some sauted leeks. You can always soften the leeks in the microwave too but they wouldn't be sauted. Similar though.) Go easy on the herbs if you use fresh as they can over power. Personally I like to add some ketchup and Worcestershire sauce here as well, but all the seasonings are to your taste and also depends a bit on the protein that you have added. When mash is mixed through, add the flaked fish but mix carefully as you want the fish to still be recognisable. You may need to reheat before serving as micro-ed mash can cool quickly. If you do, you may want to top with some grated cheddar or parmesan for an added texture. You can also add chilli, or sweet chilli sauce through the final stir for a bit of extra heat.

Don't forget you can get those pasta and sauce dry packs too. You add water, milk and marg to the mix and cook entirely in the microwave. But don't make that the meal. Make it the start of the meal. The other night, I grabbed one of those packs, added a can of drained tuna, some sliced olives, quartered cherry tomatoes, grilled zucchini chunks, sliced courgettes and some cheese. Almost added some mustard and artichoke hearts but didn't at the last moment. Not sure why. I had all the bits in the fridge as standard, but the tuna and the pasta pack cost me A$2 combined. Fed me for three meals. What I am saying is use it as a base for a meal, and jazz it up. It will taste better, be more nutritious (depending on what you add) and stretch further.

You can get rice cookers for the microwave which may be a good investment for you. Likewise, egg poachers and browning plates. They don't have to cost much but will help you use your microwave more fully, if you are not confident using the crockery you already have. Get a bamboo steamer basket from an Asian grocery. You can then steam fish and veges very quickly with little mess. All in the microwave still.

A paper bag is all you need to cook popcorn and prawn crackers.

Porridge is easily zapped but I would recommend soaking for a while prior to doing so. The results are more similar to stove top cooking then.

This is the link to the manual for my microwave. From about page 23 (?) it has recipes. Heaps of recipes. Real food.
http://panasonic.com.au/content/library/files/F002049.pdf

See how you go. Let me know if I can help further. Sometimes I am a bit slow on responding as I don't log on to the PC every day but if you PM me, I will respond sooner or later.

Hi there,

I need recipes of dishes involving less and cheap ingredients, easy to cook in micro. I do not have any other thing to cook in. :(

Thank You for you support.

i use mine to cook almost all veggies. i too cook for one person. fresh ones just add tiny bit of water. most will take 5 to 6 min. depending on how done u like them. acorn squash is the exception taking 20 min.

you can bake a potato i often do and that is all i have for dinner. most packaged noodles and rice with sauce, have micro. cooking instructions on the box. you can also cook , plain rice.

casseroles work well in micro. does your's have convection as well. mine does and i can do things by the temp same as a regular oven.

have not tried to bake in it. just takes to long as can't get as much in as a reg. oven.

heat tortillas, cook meat for tacos,

i melt butter, chocolate when called for in recipe.hope this does help and that i did not jump around to much. :chef: i have made meat loaf in micro. try to find used micro cooking book. if you would like recipe p.m me and i will send to you.

Last edited:
Thankyou,

Yes, I liked your recipes. :)
Send me your other ideas as well so that i can have a good collection for my whole next year. :)

you can cook a turkey or whole chicken. would need to brush with brown sauce as they won't get brown, but will be very tender and juicy. i make a chicken casserole that is done completely in micro. if you would like, pm me
if i think of anymore will post it here.

How do I private message you for microwave recipes?

If you don't mind, may I ask you for some microwave recipes, too?

Hi Cowardly Cook! If you look in the top right corner of your screen you will see your name and there is a link to the private messages. I will send you one now to help find it.

Thank you, Bilby. I got it!

And thank you again, babetoo, for the wonderful chicken casserole recipe. Is this the same one your grandchildren ask you for all the time?

Oh and bacon crisps up very well in a microwave. Prepare the bacon to whatever shape/size you need ie dice it or leave as rashers, etc. Put bacon on kitchen towel on a plate and cover with more kitchen towel. Make sure you spread the bacon over the plate cos it joins together when zapped if not careful. Depending on your microwave, how crispy you want your bacon, the type of bacon and how much you are zapping will determine how long you cook it for. I don't recall having ever zapped bacon for a minute though - but I may have!

Put bacon on kitchen towel on a plate and cover with more kitchen towel.

Thanks, Bilby.

I have tried this, but I get such dried-out bacon! It feels soft, thin cardboard when I chew it, and there is minimal bacon taste.

Many people recommend this method, so this technique must work somehow.

I've followed different advice re timing and the number of towels above and below the bacon for microwaving, as well as wildly varying directions for cooking in a standard stove oven, but haven't ever liked the results.

FYI, I don't do this for adding into salads, etc., but for eating just by itself with eggs.

If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Back
Top Bottom