"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Meals in Minutes

Old 08-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #21
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
I'll start sending you a couple of recipes at a time Dee. I hope you and your little one enjoy them. BTW, how was your first day at work? I hope all went well and you're enjoying your job. Have a great one!

Old 08-27-2008, 12:36 AM   #22
Executive Chef

Sorry Dee. I will PM them to ya.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:06 PM   #23
Executive Chef

I would love the pumpkin waffle recipe and the one you said was like a monkey munch..? Any time you get the chance, I'm in no hurry for them. I was think of maybe trying the munch recipe with my students in school.
Thanks Dina, hope you are doing well!!??

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #24
Executive Chef

Oh and the new job has been a little rough, haven't been the most welcoming group, but I'm slowly adjusting! Thanks for asking!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:43 AM   #25
Sous Chef

The way to make my kids eat carrots and cucumbers is by cutting them into julienne, then making a sauce(my daughter likes a garlic sauce and my son a cocktail sauce) then they just sit there dipping the veggies into the sauces, and end up eating quite a good amount of veggies. I also make tempura of various veggies and that gets them eating too. We had our annual neighbourhood party and were to contribute something or other, my daughter asked me to prepare 'honey chicken' - as we call it, it's basically, chicken drumsticks, marinated in honey, garlic and peanut butter. The kids loved it. Another secret I have leant over the years is that if I am making something like mashed potatoes which they do not care much for, I make it with something that they love like say sausages or meatballs, that way they always eat some mashed potatoes, a little but at least some and gradually they have got used to eat...well my daughter anyway, my son still doesn't eat much of the mashed potatoes. On the other hand when we are having french fries, I cook pork chops or roast chicken or beef. Curry comes with rice and chapati, both with eat the rice and chapati and my son will have a bit of the sauce from the curry. He is getting there!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #26
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelady View Post
I would love the pumpkin waffle recipe and the one you said was like a monkey munch..? Any time you get the chance, I'm in no hurry for them. I was think of maybe trying the munch recipe with my students in school.
Thanks Dina, hope you are doing well!!??
Your students will love the 101 Dalmation Puppy Chow. The recipe is on it's way via PM.

All is good here, thanks. I'm fixing to go back to work on a part-time basis. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to secure a full time teaching position at the district I wanted but I will be substituting at my son's elementary school very soon.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Unfortunately I realized I can't make it for my students since it is a peanut free environment....but my daughter can def have it at home! Thank you again!
How funny I wanted a part time position for teacher but was only offered a full time , you want full time but got a part time! Wanna switch??

Old 09-02-2008, 10:26 AM   #28
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelady View Post
Unfortunately I realized I can't make it for my students since it is a peanut free environment....but my daughter can def have it at home! Thank you again!
How funny I wanted a part time position for teacher but was only offered a full time , you want full time but got a part time! Wanna switch??
I think part-time is all I can handle at this time, but thank you for the offer.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #29
Master Chef

Mine loved to help make pigs in blanket.....easy, quick, and fun to make........they also loved anything with tortillas....quesadillas, fajitas, moo shu pork or chicken.... spaghetti and pizza were always favorites.......along with macaroni and cheese......I always had lots of fresh fruit and veggie slices for them as well and they'd eat it as long as mother dearest cut it up for them.........yeah, I threw in a bit of junk, too, but not much..........:)
Old 09-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #30
Master Chef

when i was a kiddo, would take an apple, put an apple corer/slicer through, place in a round teacup, & sprinkle with varying sugars & cinnamon, then microwave fer a few.
i loved 'em & they were fruit, plus i could nuke them myself from early on.
apple flowers!!