Panini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Panini makes a nice meal . There are many varieties.
I agree LC. We do them often on sundays and even the little guys like them. They will ask me for grilled cheese and salami when here during the week.And two of the kids if given a paninni and a plate of fruit and veggies just clean their plates.
kades

Last edited:
I agree! There's something very comforting about them. My favorite panino is a basil oil drizzle (blend together olive oil, basil, garlic, kosher salt), water-packed mozzarella, roasted red peppers, prosciutto, baby greens of any kind, and if I have them some roasted portobella mushrooms, add those too. My favorite bread is a baguette or ciabatta. BUT, any bread will do. I LOVE the way it gets all crispy on the outside.

This isn't the one I described above.

img_793586_0_9026bbc857feefd66df3438ce4f979f8.jpg

Elf add a thick slice of evoo and garlic brushed on and then grilled eggplant and a thick slice of provolome...yunn
kades

Just had a marvelous panini... portabello mushrooms , sweet red pepper, boiled ham, and mozz cheese on slices of crusty bread.

Okay, does anyone watch Desperate Housewives??? This thread reminds me of Sunday's show.

I have never tried a Panini, not even where my daughter works. I would be interested to try one, that pineapple one sounds good but I would substitute pepperoni, not a fan of ham.

You're killin' me cj - I'm starving right now!!!
Elf,
when you use a baguette or any bread like a french roll with a firm crust, have you tried puttin the crust to the inside and the softer crumb on the outside and then brush with evoo? It turns the crust soft inside with the meats and cheese or veggie and the soft crumb crunchy on the outside. MY guys love doing this. I love it this way and there is no waste.
kades

cj - I have never tried that. It sounds wonderful! I usually scoop out some of the inside of the baguette when I make mine.

One of my faves is a Cuban sandwich, Roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickle slice and a spread made of a combination of mustard and mayonnaise. Assemble on a piece of baguette or similar crusty bread. We went to a Cuban restaurant in Aruba where this sandwich is called a medianoche, the midnighter.

I also like a pork chop sliced thin with roasted red peppers, pickles.

One of my faves is a Cuban sandwich, Roast pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickle slice and a spread made of a combination of mustard and mayonnaise. Assemble on a piece of baguette or similar crusty bread. We went to a Cuban restaurant in Aruba where this sandwich is called a medianoche, the midnighter.

I also like a pork chop sliced thin with roasted red peppers, pickles.

Emmm that sounds great Andy...I love pork, will have to give this a try.

kades

Back
Top Bottom