Quick Fried Rice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elf

Senior Cook
I was preparing a chicken stir-fry, decided I didn't want white rice, so I started a box of Rice A Roni. While preparing the vegetables I set aside the mushroom stems, some green onion, thin sliced carrot.red pepper , garlic and ginger.
When my Rice A Roni was done I set it aside, the right before I made my sty-fry I scrambled an beaten egg, set it aside then fried my veggies and garlic, ginger for minute or two, the added the rice and scrambled egg sty-frying it for a couple of minutes, set it on a back burn on low while I stir-fried my chicken. The rice came out out of this world for a basic box rice.
I just wanted to pass this on to some of our new cooks, go with your whims, most of the time they turn out great.

1/4-1/2 carrot thinly sliced into round
1/4 cup sliced red pepper(sweet)
1/4-1/2 cup sliced mushroom
2-3 sliced green onion
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 beaten egg

You can use what ever you have on hand and changes the measurements, this just what I did on the fly.

Nice recipe you got there... :) Anyway, I like my fried rice with lots of garlic and egg... :D Oh I'm craving for that now...

Nice recipe you got there... :) Anyway, I like my fried rice with lots of garlic and egg... :D Oh I'm craving for that now...

I could totally go for some fried rice with garlic and egg... I have a cook book that has a recipe for egg fried rice, but I'm afraid to try it... Does it come out like scrambled eggs? Not that that would be a bad thing... :ROFLMAO:

I always add egg(s) to any fried rice recipe I make. I just beat one or two eggs (depending on how much rice I'm making), & after the meat &/or veggies have been cooked & combined with the rice & seasonings, I just pour the beaten egg in & continue gently stirfrying until it's done. The mixed-in egg bits do come out like scrambled eggs.

When I make fried rise I make egg separatly then chop it and add to rice, simple yet satisfying.

Just come accross this post and it is making my mouth water. Not had some good old Egg Fried Rice in a long time

Back
Top Bottom