Quick sage and rosemary pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snack_pack85

Washing Up
Cooked pasta (I used spaghetti)
5 tbs of butter or butter substitute
2 fresh sage leaves
1 sprig of rosemary
1/4 cup of good olive oil

Melt butter with sage and rosemary till fragrant. Remove sage and rosemary add the olive oil and cooked spaghetti. Cook in sauce for another minute or two and toss with fresh parmasean cheese.

I served this with leftover chicken and it was a wonderful dish. You can use less butter too, if you like to make it a bit healthier. Enjoy!

Next time try browning the butter (and I always go for the real stuff!!!) - you will be amazed at the taste! Just heat your pan a bit hotter before you add the butter. I like to fry my eggs in browned butter too :pig: Try some gnocchi next time instead of pasta - that's some good stuff! Be sure and get them browned on each side.

Great recipe! I've never added rosemary so I'll be trying that soon!

By the time this sauce is fragrant it's definetely a brown butter sauce. Any pasta (including gnocchi) in this sauce is delicious, we've had pumpkin raviolli, bowtie, you name it.... it works.

Browned butter and sage is a classic sauce - but it requires real butter - butter substitute doesn't have the milk solids that are required for the "browning".

Adding a sprig of rosemary might be an interesting touch ....

By the time this sauce is fragrant it's definetely a brown butter sauce. Any pasta (including gnocchi) in this sauce is delicious, we've had pumpkin raviolli, bowtie, you name it.... it works.

I think you've got all the bases covered!! Thanks for posting this. Sometimes such an elegant dish can be overlooked and it is perfect for this forum!

Browned butter and sage is a classic sauce - but it requires real butter - butter substitute doesn't have the milk solids that are required for the "browning".

Adding a sprig of rosemary might be an interesting touch ....

No, perhaps not for the actual color of browned butter, but my immature pallet hasn't noticed a huge difference in taste. I have used both and I haven't noticed. I think I'll do a taste test :) The rosemary added some great earthy depth. I liked it a lot and the melted cheese was a greaty salty addition.

I just happen to have some rosemary and sage I bought for something else.
Thanks for the recipe, Snack.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom