"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Meals in Minutes

Old 11-13-2008, 10:27 PM   #11
Sous Chef

Beat an egg and put it in at the end for Ramen Egg Drop soup...

Old 11-13-2008, 10:35 PM   #12
Master Chef

Sautee some diced onions, add water, add some carrots, potatoes, green peas, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, bell peppers, beans, corn, bacon, hot dogs, whatever you can think of. When some or all of the above are ready, add noodles. Taste. Season. Enjoy. Dinner in pot, ready.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

^gone?

hmm.. so per suggestion... i think im going to go with
rame + hotdog + corn + carrot + bell peppers + spinach.

^_^ gourmet!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:37 AM   #14
Master Chef

what also is good and on the oriental side is that when it comes to a boil the last minute stir in a beaten egg, have a whisk or a fork and stir it in........it cooks immediately and adds a very creamy texture like egg drop soup to it........then toss in some shredded bok choy and bean sprouts........this is good with some leftover shrimp, pork and chicken and scraped cooked corn on the cob..........the broccoli slaw is good, too...........this is one my husband's and mine's favorite lunch meal on the weekends ..............
Old 02-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #15
Master Chef

Ahhhh, Ramen noodles.. my friend when I was going to college. I like to saute some onion and add cheese to chicken-flavored ramen soup. Some people I work with snear at that, but I LOVED It.

The noodles are also great for stir-fries... and use the seasoning packet for the sauce.... add everything from broccoli to water chestnuts, and you have a meal! Kitchenelf mentioned not to use the whole seasoning packet, and this is where I would add sparingly, when making a sauce.... could turn out very salty.

The noodles could also make a great side dish.... to whatever flavor you're using... chicken, beef or seafood..... drain out all the water, add the seasoning (again, sparingly) and butter. Stir, until butter melts over low-med heat. Serve along side your main meat dish, when in a hurry!

Or add your favorite steamed, roasted vegies over top plain ramen noodles!... leave the seasoning packet for next time.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #16
Everymom

OK, if you are using them in your stir fry do you smash them up a bit first? I never thought of using them for that. I always either have rice or the special chow mein noodles. This would be WAY faster.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:47 PM   #17
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
OK, if you are using them in your stir fry do you smash them up a bit first? I never thought of using them for that. I always either have rice or the special chow mein noodles. This would be WAY faster.
I should have clarified.. I'm trying to decide on dinner, while I type..

I like to cook the ramen noodles first and serve your meat/vegie stir-fry atop... I guess it's almost like angel hair pasta. I made sure I drained all the water off first, completely. The completely drained ramen noodles serve as a bed for your stir-fry..... make sure whatever meat you use is sliced thin as it might be too heavy for the noodles.

In fact, I would tend to undercook the ramen noodles just a bit. Make sure you don't have a heavy sauce. That WOULD tend to crush the pasta.

Here a recipe for a different idea...
http://www.recipezaar.com/Creamy-Ramen-Noodles-133448
Old 02-20-2009, 10:02 PM   #18
Everymom

Thanks Vanilla Bean! I may try this for a dinner this week.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:11 PM   #19
Master Chef

I usually break them up a bit before cooking, drain, & then add them right into the stirfry at the end with whatever sauce/flavoring ingredients I'm using.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #20
Assistant Cook

If my instant noodles you mean the liptons side dishes I put broccoli and usally a bit of cheese.

easy things to add would be smoked salmon. tuna. parm cheese. cabbage. sausage. etc.