Spiffed Up Jarred Spaghetti Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if you're gonna do a fish thing, try frying a little anchovy paste or minced anchovy with your garlic before adding the sauce. you can't taste the actual anchovy, but it adds another one of those levels of deliciousness.

if you're gonna do a fish thing, try frying a little anchovy paste or minced anchovy with your garlic before adding the sauce. you can't taste the actual anchovy, but it adds another one of those levels of deliciousness.

bucky, you're so very right. kinda like pasta puttanessca.
heaven on a plate.

I make a store bought spaghetti sauce much better by adding a package of dry spaghetti sauce mix and canned diced tomatoes, Italian flavored . For my meat I cook ground beef and breakfast sausage using ether hot or sage. It makes a very good spaghetti

I make a store bought spaghetti sauce much better by adding a package of dry spaghetti sauce mix and canned diced tomatoes, Italian flavored . For my meat I cook ground beef and breakfast sausage using ether hot or sage. It makes a very good spaghetti

I do the same as you (Jimmy Dean sausage if I don't use clams or shrimp) and some red wine, some dried onions and fresh garlic..........a little sugar if necessary and mushooms and some dried Italian herbs........other than that I don't doctor it at all:ROFLMAO:

I do the same as you (Jimmy Dean sausage if I don't use clams or shrimp) and some red wine, some dried onions and fresh garlic..........a little sugar if necessary and mushooms and some dried Italian herbs........other than that I don't doctor it at all:ROFLMAO:

Oh yes, it has to be Jimmy Dean!!!! I had forgotten the surgar, same here. I find the dry spaghetti mix give me all thay Italian flavors.

That is actually what I am about to cook for dinner. Asked the rommate what he wanted between spaghetti or homemade pizza. He wants spaghetti.

I haven't read through the whole thread, but I have "spiffed" up many spaghetti sauces using jarred sauces. Prego is my favorite, even though I have used Hunts many times, along with off-brands. I like to add garlic powder, more italian herbs (especially basil and oregano), sugar, and sauteed vegies (onion, pepper, mushrooms, garlic).

I have never thought of adding wine, unless I was making a crock-pot or oven slow-cook recipes. Good idea! :chef:

I have even "spiffed" up jarred spaghetti sauce for pizza! :)

only my mother in law used Prego because she got to the point where garlic made her dodgy on her stomach.........and it's quite ungarlicy........I love garlic..so when I made it with her Prego sauce I set a certain amount for her and then "doctored" up the rest of it with herbs, sugar, garlic and onions..........my brother in law commented......and this is Prego????....oh......I forgot.....I will also add parmesan cheese........

Back
Top Bottom