Walnuts + Tahini + Honey = Heaven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Argamemnon

Senior Cook
Just wanted to share. Yesterday, I discovered that the combination of (unhulled organic) tahini and (organic) walnuts and (organic raw) honey is incredibly delicious. Maybe I should patent this complicated invention.. :chef:

If you ground those ingredients together, you'd have a version of Turkish halvah, a centuries old confection.

If you ground those ingredients together, you'd have a version of Turkish halvah, a centuries old confection.
Oh that's interesting, I honestly didn't know how halva (Turkish: helva) was made. I only knew it had tahini in it. When I was a kid, my mother used to eat it quite often, but somehow I never liked it. Perhaps there are other types I would enjoy. Also I thought halva was of Arabic origin.. it's usually hard to tell what originated where in that region; it could be from the Levant (Lebanon etc.), Armenia, Greece, Turkey, Iran or Arab countries. They are often fighting/arguing about it.

I haven't tried this one yet... :D I'll check it out when I have the time to go and purchase some walnuts.. :D

Just wanted to share. Yesterday, I discovered that the combination of (unhulled organic) tahini and (organic) walnuts and (organic raw) honey is incredibly delicious. Maybe I should patent this complicated invention.. :chef:

sounds wonderful...how did you combine these ingredients?

well, I had to google Halvah, never heard of this pastry before....looked at lotsa recipes...settled on this one

• 700g (2 cups) good quality raw honey
  • 340g (1 1/2 cups) tahini, which is a sesame seed paste, usually sold in a tin
  • 1 cup of shelled nuts and skinned nuts, such as almonds (optional)
Method:
  1. Heat the honey, but do not boil.
  2. Add the nuts to the honey.
  3. Beat the tahini to ensure that any excess oil is blended, then warm up in a separate pan.
  4. Fold the warm tahini into the hot honey.
  5. Place the mixture into a oiled loaf tin and seal to keep out moisture, for at least 2 days.
  6. Cut into slices and serve.
:chef::)

Ooh! that sounds very yummy. Thanks for the recipe, I will certainly try it

Back
Top Bottom