What's your in-time recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A toaster bag is like a sleeve, open at one end so you can slide the sandwich into it and put it in an ordinary upright toaster. They were invented in the UK not long ago, the inventor took them on the TV prog Dragons Den, the three entrepeneurs rejected the idear. The inventor launched them and is a multi millionare now.

Holy cow, Bolas.......first I've heard of these "toaster bags". I googled and sent for some. What a fantastic idea!! I saw that UK program, the "Dragons Den" once and it was quite interesting. I can't imagine why the idea was rejected by the investors...:wacko:
Glad the inventor didn't have to share his wealth.:-p

You can always have ready-made tomato sauce in the fridge for many days (peeled tomatos+garlic+parsley+olive oil+salt+pepper+little sugar) and cook spaghetti No. 5 for 8 minutes in boiled water to get them "al dente" and pour 2-3 tablespoons on spaghetti that are already on your plate, grate some parmezan cheese and you have tasty and nutritional meal done in no more then 10 minutes

breakfast for dinner, quick easy and wonderful. make an omelet or just scrambled eggs, toast,, hash browns , bacon,.

i also keep soup and makings for grilled cheese. also quick.

I am with you. Breakfast is almost always what I make when rushed. My dh likes grilled cheese also as a quick meal. He also likes it with the raman noodle soup.

Crepes, omelets, Welsh Rarebit the Rolls Royce of cheese on toast, any toaster bag sandwich.

So just what kind of sandwich would we put into a toaster bag? I am just wondering if I need these??? Sounds like something different to try.

chopper said:
So just what kind of sandwich would we put into a toaster bag? I am just wondering if I need these??? Sounds like something different to try.

I like to have ham cheese tomato onion and worstershire sauce, yum yum yum!

I like to have ham cheese tomato onion and worstershire sauce, yum yum yum!

So happy to find somebody that has used these!

My question is, what brand/model toaster do you use? We have a wide-mouth one that needs to be replaced, and it's never been wide-mouthed enough, really, even for a half bagel.

Our first thought is grilled cheese. I understand that these are drier on the outside, and spreading with butter before putting in the bag kind of makes a mes, but somebody suggested spreading a little butter after the bag comes out.

But what toaster? I need to know!!! Thank you :)

So happy to find somebody that has used these!

My question is, what brand/model toaster do you use? We have a wide-mouth one that needs to be replaced, and it's never been wide-mouthed enough, really, even for a half bagel.

Our first thought is grilled cheese. I understand that these are drier on the outside, and spreading with butter before putting in the bag kind of makes a mes, but somebody suggested spreading a little butter after the bag comes out.

But what toaster? I need to know!!! Thank you :)

Hi Deb. This thread is so old that many of these folks aren't here anymore, including Bolas who brought up the subject of toaster bags. I brought some but don't remember using them before I got rid of my pop up toaster and bought a toaster oven.

Last edited:
I betcha there are things the toaster bags are good for using in the toaster oven, e.g., anything where cheese might ooze out. I imagine it would work well for a slice of pizza or an open faced grilled cheese.

Back
Top Bottom