"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > The Wine Cellar
Click Here to Login

Old 09-22-2018, 07:31 PM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Thank you. I must admit I am not familiar with Montilla" sherries. I'll be sure to discuss it with the wine merchant when I go into san Diego in 2 weeks.
Traveler.
You seem to have misunderstood me. As I said, "Montilla" wines are not fortified with brandy,like sherries are, and are not the same as sherry but can be used as a substitute for sherry. The "Montilla" that is called "amontillado" refers to the colour and is not implying that it is "Sherry". Whilst a Montilla, like any others, can be rubbish, a good one is excellent for drinking as well as cooking

In GB, as in the rest of the EU countries, "sherry" has, legally, to come from a particular part of Spain around Xerez/Jerez and be made in the traditional way. We used to get "Cyprus sherry" and "South African sherry" and others in GB but Spain got a bit fussy and got a legal ruling that only sherry from Xerez/Jerez could be called "Sherry" so now the others have to be called "fortified wine".

(I was lectured frequently and at length on the subject of "proper" Sherry by a Spanish boyfriend many years ago, so now I can take it out on you lot - )

Old 09-22-2018, 09:06 PM   #22
Cook

[QUOTE=GotGarlic;1564598]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Traveler, I've been here for a long time and I hope you will believe me when I say that tenspeed was not making fun of you. It's not his style.

Ok. If you say so, that's good enough for me. No big deal anyway.

Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:36 PM   #23
Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
Traveler, I for one would really love to have your recipe.
If you would be so kind to share it, you can leave it in the Chicken recipe collection. I know many of us would appreciate it.
Done. Recipe has been posted under chicken recipe collection.

Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote

« Cabernet Sauvignon | - »