Amontillado Sherry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you. I must admit I am not familiar with Montilla" sherries. I'll be sure to discuss it with the wine merchant when I go into san Diego in 2 weeks.
Traveler.
You seem to have misunderstood me. As I said, "Montilla" wines are not fortified with brandy,like sherries are, and are not the same as sherry but can be used as a substitute for sherry. The "Montilla" that is called "amontillado" refers to the colour and is not implying that it is "Sherry". Whilst a Montilla, like any others, can be rubbish, a good one is excellent for drinking as well as cooking

In GB, as in the rest of the EU countries, "sherry" has, legally, to come from a particular part of Spain around Xerez/Jerez and be made in the traditional way. We used to get "Cyprus sherry" and "South African sherry" and others in GB but Spain got a bit fussy and got a legal ruling that only sherry from Xerez/Jerez could be called "Sherry" so now the others have to be called "fortified wine".

(I was lectured frequently and at length on the subject of "proper" Sherry by a Spanish boyfriend many years ago, so now I can take it out on you lot - :LOL::LOL::LOL:)

Traveler, I for one would really love to have your recipe. :yum:
If you would be so kind to share it, you can leave it in the Chicken recipe collection. I know many of us would appreciate it.:chef:

Done. Recipe has been posted under chicken recipe collection. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom