Jenny: Thanks for posting the fab Photos
Good Morning, Buon Giorno Jenny,
Wow ... Barcelona has a awesome food culture, and the Barì Gotti La Boquería Market is one of the best in Catalonia.
The suckling piglets, which are called Cochinillos in Spanish, are one of the easiest roasts to prepare ...
* Manteca de Cerdo which is Pork Lard rubbed on the exterior of the porcine
* White wine and a little water for the roasting pan
* salt, garlic and black pepper freshly ground
* Most Spanish people do not use alot of spices or herbs for this roast as it can disguise the porcini delicateness. These piglets are only a few months of age.
* Needs little else ... It shall have a crisp skin exterior, with melt in your mouth white meat that needs no knife ... Let roast on slow cooking (fuego lento) oven temperature, and at the very end, crisp skin on higher temperature.
*** Very renowned in Segovia, Castilla León in central northern Spain
Of course, Josélito ( Little Joe ) Jabugo black foot acorn fed air dried ham, is quite a delicacy on the Iberian Peninsula. Josélito hams are one of the best in the country.
Again, thanks for your lovely contribution.