How much can you put away?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MountainMath

Washing Up
It's fun every now and then to let loose with the wine. But how much can you drink. I think the most I've had is about 18-20 6 ounce glasses. But thats like staying up till 5:00am lol. Give me some good pinot and it's hard to stop.

I am really a "cheap date." just a few glasses of wine and I am toast!

It's fun every now and then to let loose with the wine. But how much can you drink. I think the most I've had is about 18-20 6 ounce glasses. But thats like staying up till 5:00am lol. Give me some good pinot and it's hard to stop.

Quantity was a lot more important when I was a lot younger.

I have a pretty high tolerance, a genetic fault, I'm afraid to say. I've had to give up hard booze almost entirely because I can go from tipsy to falling-down drunk in seconds. I wish I liked beer. I settle for the in between of wine.

No wine for me thanks!

A little whiskey or beer!

I agree with Andy on the quantity!

When I was younger drinking was what my peers and I did on a Friday or Saturday night.

I think today young people are much smarter about drinking.

Enough to embarass myself on occasion but i have a hard time staying up late enough to party harty anymore. Age/frequency/weight has a lot to do with qty too.

3- 4 glasses (6oz) of wine, over the course of an evening is usually my limit. If I have more than that, I won't feel so well the next day. I seem to be able to drink more beer though before experiencing a "heavy head" or hangover.

To much, that was my problem. The only alcohol I drink in the UK is the odd glass of cider.

I have a pretty high tolerance, a genetic fault, I'm afraid to say. I've had to give up hard booze almost entirely because I can go from tipsy to falling-down drunk in seconds. I wish I liked beer. I settle for the in between of wine.

Same here! Don't care for beer either. Wine is good though.

These days, I am way more likely to cook with booze than drink it. A couple of beers or a couple of glasses of wine are usually enough for me. If I am with lots of friends and hanging out for hours, one every hour or two is ok.

Hangovers are usually accompanied by migraines, and I don't ever voluntarily sign up for a migraine any more.

For the most only a couple of glasses. I have drank more when I'm with friends but it tends to give me a headache the next day, lol.

My husband's cousin makes a grape wine soooo good that I could drink a whole bottle in one sitting and it doesn't give me a headache.

I'm exactly the same way, Claire! I have a weird tolerance for alcohol that makes me able to drink way more than most people can, and still have control of myself. I've had friends say things like "What are you doing, throwing your drinks in the potted plants? You're not even tipsy!

But when I reach my limit, it makes me lay down and pass out. Like Andy, that was done when I was much younger than now.

I mostly drink wine now. An entire bottle consumed between 4pm and 2am isn't unusual. That's with supper in the middle of it.

Quantity was a lot more important when I was a lot younger.
Exactly.

My wife and I drink wine most every night when we're home but our goal is not to see how much we can "put away", but rather to enjoy the wine. We usually have a glass a night after dinner. On weekends we might have two.

For the original poster, if you are drinking 18-20 glasses of wine (almost a gallon) in a single sitting, you might have a problem. And if you don't have a problem, your liver just might.

My problem is that I don't get drunk. I get very sick long before I get drunk, and it is not a pleasant experience. I generally drink a couple of glasses or drinks with or after meals, and that is not every day.

I had some surgery a while back that causes some alcohol concerns. If I drink that tiny little cup of communion wine I get tipsy for about 10 minutes!

Exactly.
For the original poster, if you are drinking 18-20 glasses of wine (almost a gallon) in a single sitting, you might have a problem. And if you don't have a problem, your liver just might.

Isn't the OP the same one that posted 'blackouts are fun" in another thread? :ermm: Most of us have outgrown that phase of our lives, and now enjoy an adult beverage without having to prove anything.

The OP needs a larger glass!
Maybe something like this?

bigwineglass.jpg

Back
Top Bottom