ISO Wine Help - project due

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
i have a project for wine & spirits classs where i site at least 3 sources of info from different media on wines from santa barbara, california, & wanted to see if you guys have info to offer.
i'm basing my research on food/wine pairing.
thanks in advance! :)

mainly, i wanted info on santa barbara wines & food pairing if you guys would so kindly offer it. i'll consult books, my textbook, & magazines, plus the liquor place manager for info, also. we present:

assigned region & where it is specifically located, name/title of sources + a typed bibliography, climate info & its effect on wines, soil & its effect, goegraphy/topography, wine hist., main grapes variety, a specific description of grape used inc. details & examples, name 3 wineries of that region, with an example of winemaker, yr. est., case production or vineyard sz., 25 words or more on a wine listed above, & something specific about wine (where i'd write about food pairing).

sorry, I can't give you much help with Santa Barbara wineries, as I don't know too much about them, specifically.

The book "What to Drink with What You Eat," by Andrew Dornenburg and Karen Page would be a great place to look, however.

bumping thread; my project still needs some 'plumping'. :)

wait, i'm on a roll, now. my project needs 'fortified', like a lovely port.

yeppers.
wine history for santa barbara wines, pinot noir & syrah grapes, we covered both in class, though, so i'll review my notes.
& mainly what pairs with a shiraz/shyrah or a pinot.

yeppers.
wine history for santa barbara wines, pinot noir & syrah grapes, we covered both in class, though, so i'll review my notes.
& mainly what pairs with a shiraz/shyrah or a pinot.

Have you checked out the book "What to Drink with What You Eat?" At least a gajillion questions like that are answered in there. They even differentiate between where the Syrah or Shiraz comes from and styles of Pinot Noirs, as well.

awesome, chefjune, i'll check the library!

on the line with my school now to see if they have it
and.....
it's on the shelf!

i probably sould. we use a le corden bleu wine book for class-work. it's interesting.

Back
Top Bottom