Italian wine bottle designs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, my uncle created a questionable work of art with a fiasco of Chianti. He melted a series of coloured candles, and a coat of mixed wax covered the whole bottle, I can still remember it... :wacko:
Oh, YES! The more (usually red) wax that was dribbled down the bottle, the more sophisticated you thought the restaurant was!

Hi friends,
here is the second version of the Italian wine bottle designs. As I said in a previous post, I'm adding these two items to the original image:

Bottiglione – Big size glass bottle (the name is an augmentative of bottiglia), with capacities ranging from 2/3 liters to 20/25 liters.
Dama – Big glass bottle, starting from 5 liter capacity.

You can find all the other definitions in the first post of this thread.

40791-albums374-picture5524.jpg
"Dama" now there's a sensibly sized wine bottle (hic!)

Leave it to Francis Ford Coppola to come up with wine in a can (flasq). For Californians on the go. lol

Canned Wine, Sold By The Flasq » Popular Fidelity » Unusual Stuff

Next we'll have self-serve.

Self-Service Wine Tanks » Popular Fidelity » Images
There was an attempt to introduce wine in a can (like cola ring pull cans but smaller) over here but the wine wasn't very nice and had a bit of a "tinny" taste. I tried one just so I would know what they were like but wasn't drawn to a second.

Last edited:
Saw one in an "antique" (well junk) shop not long ago

Having grown up in an Italian neighborhood, come Sunday while the family was at church, all the men would gather at one home, each bringing a gallon jug of their own homemade wine. By the time the family returned back home, everyone of the men were drunk. After all, if you have ten men sitting there and having brought a bottle of their own, then every on had to have a full glass from each jug. Sundays were very interesting. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom