My wine won a gold medal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4meandthem said:
Wow! Congrats! Can I hae your autograph please. On a bottle of your wine of course. I will PM my shipping address:ROFLMAO:

I already tried that, it didn't work.

Well, thanks for all the thanks.

As far as sending out free bottles and such, I can't really do that. But if anyone happens to be in the neighborhood sometime, let me know. I don't really require much of a reason to pop open a bottle of wine. :)

Amazing, congratulations. Maybe I will have stop by ;).

Really wonderful story of success.
I have just one question, do you add any sugar to your wines?

I have just one question, do you add any sugar to your wines?
Very rarely. Wine grapes are one of the rare fruits of nature that have almost perfect parameters for fermentation. I can think of maybe two instances in the last 12 years where I've had to add sugar, and even then it was only a relatively small amount. More commonly, it's necessary to add tartaric acid in order to bring the pH down low enough to keep spoilage organisms in check. But if you really shop around to get the best grapes, that's usually not needed, either.

Wines made from other fruits are a different story. I occasionally make apple and berry wine. With those, you have to add sugar in order to create enough alcohol so that they can be stored for any length of time.

Last edited:
Steve Congrats! I live just a few miles from rattlesnake and can attest the amazing fruit that is grown in this part of the world. Still, it takes a skilled vintner to make awesome wine and that a prestigious award. Kudos to you!

That's simply amazing, Steve. Congrats. So, when you goin' commercial?";)

Don't drink alcoholic beverages myself, but understand the nuances of a great wine. And I know that there is a true art to good wine, let alone great wine. You have a talent. Good job.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom