Need sangria recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just a heads up.

I hope all of you folks that are adding citrus with the peel to the sangria and live in North America are using organic citrus. (Okay if you live where citrus grows this is probably irrelevant). Citrus Red 2 is a dye that is only permitted on citrus skins, because it is carcinogenic and it is assumed that people don't eat citrus skins. :ermm:

Ummm.... have they never heard of ZEST?

Citrus peels will make your sangria turn bitter if left in for more than a day or so.

I have spent many pleasant hours at the bar of a Spanish restaurant in NYC's West Village watching the bartenders and waiters mixing up pitchers of Sangria. AIR, the large pitcher was $17 and the small $12. For over a decade my colleagues would get together at that establishment for a Christmas luncheon which ran upwards of 5 hours. Many of us would consume 2 main courses and mucho Sangria; back in the 80's the tab for such a feast ran $50 - $75 per person and was well worth every penny. Those were the days!

whats the name of the place ... is it still there? sounds familiar!

Sangría worldwide

Always enjoyable worldwide ... it is particulary a tradition here to serve with Paella and a variety of tapas = small plates of assorted appetiser size food. Thanks for all the posts and we shall try a new one for each gathering of friends ... Margi. Cintrano.

Ive walked by that place manytimes! Now Ill go in!
They used to be somewhat sparsely patronized at lunchtime but were very busy after 7PM. I've seen some of the waiters arriving by cab as late as 12 noon. Since I' no longer in town, they were nice enough top rovide me with the recipe for one of my favorite dishes, but I still cannot make as tasty (nutty flavored) a saffron rice as theirs. The owner was very proud to show me their large supply of saffron. I'm looking forward to trying another rice dish with some Goya brand rice. Some Spanish specialty rices can be pretty expensive.

Goya Manufacturing is in Puerto Rico ( Not Spanish )

I am writing in the reference to a message that is not quite so too clear.

1) Goya - this is not a Spanish company. It is a Puerto Rican company.

*** they sell a few products to the South American and Cuban and Dominican communities in Madrid.

2) Sangría recipe ? and / or a Saffron Rice recipe and then Goya !

I am totally baffled.

Please confirm exactly which recipe you looking for very clearly.

Sangría request:

I had posted a Sangría recipe in the Beverage Section over a week ago.

Saffron and Rice ?

If rice is what you are looking for, I personally can only give you a paella from Valencia recipe which uses Arborio from Valencia which is sold in the USA and it would have to be next week, as we are going away for weekend, it is Valentine´s.

Saffron:

This Toledo, Spain or Irani or Mid Eastern spice is lovely however, do not waste it on Goya boxed rice ! QUE LASTIMA ... what a shame ...

Goya

Goya is popular amongst Puerto Ricans and Americans as it is a quick means of cooking something Mexican, Dominican or Puerto Rican. However, this is not Spanish from the Iberian Peninsula, thus, I cannot give someone a recipe using Goya because I have never used it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom