Today is National Wine Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cheese, what an excellent idea. I bought some Camembert and some Brie yesterday. The Camembert is nice and soft, so I'm having some with some white wine. I'll try it with red next. Just some pretty good French boxed wine from Mommesin.

Hmm. We have about 1/8th inch of Maytag Blue cheese left. Guess I'll have to armwrestle DH for it.

Heh. He just went to bed. It's mine, all mine.

I had some Dreyer's Pomegranate...
Pomegranate... how interesting! Was it any good? I love pomegranates and once tried my hand at making pomegranate wine. That was in 2005, and I still have a hard time drinking it because it's so acidic and tart. However, I've made ice cream from it, and that turns out delicious.

I opened up a bottle of wine last night that we picked up in Arizona last year. I thought it was grown in AZ because we toured this winery's vineyard. But when I looked at the label, it said the grapes were grown in Napa Valley and Paso Robles, California. :ermm:

Phooey on that! I was looking forward to having something different.

Steve,

We had a lovely 100% Albariño grape variety white wine from Galicia, Spain from a winery called Pazo de Señorans. Truly a splendid summery selection in such dry desert like climate ...

It combines wonderfully with shrimp, octopus and marinated turbot in adobo.

Margi.

Pomegranate... how interesting! Was it any good? I love pomegranates and once tried my hand at making pomegranate wine. That was in 2005, and I still have a hard time drinking it because it's so acidic and tart. However, I've made ice cream from it, and that turns out delicious.

Sorry, Steve! That was a tease, I have boxes of pomegranate frozen fruit bars. Closest thing I had to the color of wine. They are my favorite vice lately.

Both of those aspirations could probably achieved in one night!......LOL..J/K

Well, the pickings in this building are slim to none. One has Alzheimer's. He doesn't remember me half the time. Another preaches Jesus to anyone who will listen around the clock. A couple are married. Scratch them. And another is entering the last stages of Parkinson Disease. He needs around the clock care and is heading for a nursing home.

As for the drinking? Well, I figure there must be something to it. Enough people do it. I just can't get past the smell of it If I am going past a barroom and someone opens the door to exit, the stench is overwhelmiing. :ohmy:

Addie, buy some Everclear 195 and add it to spicy tomato juice to make a Bloody Mary. (Not very much though.) Anybody who can smell alcohol in that is pretty damned good. As far as the limited number of ravishers, sorry but I have no ideas that would help you on that part. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom