"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine > The Wine Cellar

Old 01-05-2009, 12:00 AM   #21
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchenelf View Post
It's wine! I think I've had the blackberry? It suits a very hot day and makes a nice cooler in the summer with some tonic or soda water and a lime!

So does this mean it is safe to admit my wife has three bottles of it in the fridge right now??

She has peach, blackberry, and raspberry...

Old 01-05-2009, 12:23 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanchoHambre View Post
ahh an excellent choice Madame
We just finished the bottle. I have to say that this is not your typical garnacha. It has an elegance about it (yes, even at $11.99 a bottle) that sets it apart. I highly recommend finding a bottle. Masia d Bielsa is the name. You must try this taste test. Smell it...you should smell cherries. Take a healthy sip...swallow...then move your jaw and tongue like you are chewing it...poof, plum...then a bit of plum skin...very long plum finish. And the BEST part is, apparently low in acid because my husband and I don't have acid reflux! Either that or we've been taking our Prilosec like we should! I see a few more bottles of this in our future!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
So does this mean it is safe to admit my wife has three bottles of it in the fridge right now??

She has peach, blackberry, and raspberry...
It's safe to say that. Wine is a personal thing. We all like what we like.

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:45 AM   #24
Cook

Sniff it, swirl it, look at it, smile at it, taste it, savor it, ahhh.
How about a little Beaujolais and Salmon?
Old 01-05-2009, 03:17 PM   #25
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven S View Post
I paired my Garnacha with "Patatas A La Riojana" - a basic peasant dish from Spain. It uses very basic staples of the spanish kitchen - Spanish dry cured chorizo (not mexican, not fresh), potatoes, spanish pimenton (like a paprika), onions, garlic and water. Cut the chorizo into chunks (if you cant find Spanish, try a hard italian salami or even pepperoni cut into chunks - NOT ground Mexican chorizo), saute chunks in some olive oil until it gives off its reddish hue unto the oil.... then add chopped onions and garlic, stir through until sweated, not browned... add chunks of raw russet potatoes (1-inch cubes, preferably not evenly cut) and stir to coat in the oil throughout... when all warmed through, add some pimenton, then immediately add water to cover, bring water to a boil (no lid) and salt lightly. Allow to simmer so that the potatoes are cooked fully through and start falling apart, the water has combined with the potato starch and most has evaporated. The result should not be soupy but more stewlike. It is quite divine!
Yum! thanks for that. Duly copied. and sounds meant for a rustic Spanish Crianza.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
We just finished the bottle. I have to say that this is not your typical garnacha. It has an elegance about it (yes, even at $11.99 a bottle) that sets it apart. I highly recommend finding a bottle. Masia d Bielsa is the name. You must try this taste test. Smell it...you should smell cherries. Take a healthy sip...swallow...then move your jaw and tongue like you are chewing it...poof, plum...then a bit of plum skin...very long plum finish. And the BEST part is, apparently low in acid because my husband and I don't have acid reflux! Either that or we've been taking our Prilosec like we should! I see a few more bottles of this in our future!
I like your description and, from it, can understand how the wine must taste. Sounds delightful.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #27
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
I am going to be looking for this one, Elf, thanks!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #28
Master Chef

Yes that does sound good!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:55 PM   #29
Cook

I just enjoyed some lasagna and venison meatballs with a Montes Alpha Syrah (Chile). Good combo.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:20 PM   #30
Executive Chef

Spain: Which Spanish Garnacha Wine ?

Buenas Tardes, Good Afternoon,

Which Garnacha have you chosen ? Is it a Mono Varietal or a Varietal including Garnacha grapes ? Which region of Spain had produced it ? Which winery ?

Look forward to knowing more about this wine selection.

Margi. Cintrano.