Wine bags

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dawgluver

Chef Extraordinaire
DH bought some wine and brought it home in this neat reuseable bag. It has 6 individual compartments. I've not seen them before.

image-1078031394.jpg

My local grocery stores give them out with every 4 0r 6 bottle purchase.
They can't give out bags anymore for groceries but they can still do it for wine.(We have a ban plastic and you have to purchase paper for .10)

When I saw "wine bags" I was thinking the bags in my boxes. :LOL:

I'm such a sophisticated wino. :ROFLMAO:
Same here.

I have a couple of bags like that from the SAQ (Quebec province run liquor stores). I think of them as booze bags, since I buy almost all my wine by the box. :ohmy: :LOL:

When I saw "wine bags" I was thinking the bags in my boxes. :LOL:

I'm such a sophisticated wino. :ROFLMAO:

Me three.:ROFLMAO:

I will also drink screwcap wine.

True story, my 26 year old daughter was struggling to open a bottle of wine recently only to find out that it was a screwcap. She drilled right through the metal cap. She takes her wine very seriously.:punk:

Those are nifty bags for the frequent shoppers, or ones who buy in bulk quantities ;)

Around here, since PA only sells liquor and wine through its State Stores, if you went in and bought more than a few bottles they would grab an empty cardboard case out of the back room to put them in so they don't clank or break. Those bags are good ideas though. I wonder who came up with that...

Our grocery stores have had those a couple years I think, since they have the "buy 6, get 30% off" deal. Everyone buys 6. LOL
I've found they are really handy for keeping all kinds of things organized, including my dog's brush, shampoo, leash, and various bottles of stuff to keep her smelling pretty.
If my kids were still young, it would have been good G.I. Joe storage!

Good idea kath. For those with large houses, they'd also be useful for hauling around cleaning products from room to room, small roll of paper towels, spray bottles etc.

Last edited:
I like how all you winos are coming up with alternate uses... :rolleyes:
Wine bag? What wine bag? I use that to carry the condiments out to the picnic table :angel:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(just kidding of course)

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but this is the type of wine bag I own. Since I often travel to wine competitions, or to places where I'm bringing wine home, I figure it was worth the $60 (at the time I bought it) investment. Plus it has wheels.

wine-gifts-rolling-wine-luggage-goodhope-bags-sku6636-35.jpg

I like how all you winos are coming up with alternate uses... :rolleyes:
Wine bag? What wine bag? I use that to carry the condiments out to the picnic table :angel:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(just kidding of course)

yeah...cause I never...ever... buy all that wine... or *gasp* drink any of it...
and I won't tell you how many of those little bags I own... :ermm:

yeah...cause I never...ever... buy all that wine... or *gasp* drink any of it...

:LOL: We're hicks from the sticks, with no Trader Joe's in sight. I thought they were adorable, and plan to amass as many bags as possible!

I just want to know how many you can (uncomfortably) carry in each hand at one time.
:LOL:

Since SO discovered Two Buck Chuck at TJs, she bought the bag so she could go to TJs to stock up.

We also go to the NH state liquor stores where they also reuse cardboard boxes to pack wine for customers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom