Wine making

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@ Jet,

Good afternoon,

I believe you should discuss wine making with Steve Kroll who is one of the members presently producing his own wine ... His post is in the wine section of BEVERAGES ...

I am a wine aficionada and live in Mediterranean, and thus, have quite a bit of knowledge on subject ... Took several courses in the principles of wines, their processes, and the grape varieties, food pairing ... the course is ongoing with the LA RIOJA GOVERNMENT - REGULATORY COUNCIL in LA RIOJA, SPAIN ... I have also taken courses with several other wine orgs and took the Sommelier Certification.

I would do a course ... it is worth the knowledge ... many wineries do inhouse courses too ...

There is a very fine course in Washington D.C. in USA.

Margi Cintrano.

Red wine is easier to make than white wine

I come from a family who were wine garagiste for 10 years. As a hobby it can be a heck of a fun thing to do but it is certainly not for the faint hearted.

We made Merlot and Cabernet Souvingnon. All you need is enough capital to buy barrels and the right machines you must require to make wine. You can search for such machines and containers on the internet (google :yum:). You also need a cellar and a big enough area to work on the wine making process.

Making Red wine is not so difficult. You just have to read and do enough research on what and when to do what during the wine making process.

Trust me, you will need a lot of labour so invite lots of friends or people interested to help out. It can turn into one big food and wine party!

Last edited by a moderator:
Buonasera Albert,

Thank you for sharing your interest in wine.

I am a skyscraper dweller, living in a huge metropolis, and therefore, it is impossible for me to produce even one oak barrel. None the less, I enjoy the world of fine wines, and have a grand time writing about famous oenologists and wines as I am a journalist.

Have a nice Sunday,
Ciao.
Margi.

Back
Top Bottom