"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 09-14-2009, 10:06 AM   #1
Master Chef

Smile Anthony Bourdain Tonight Mon. 9/14/09

Anthony Bourdain's new "No Reservations" episode tonight (10 p.m. EST) is in "Sardinia", but with a twist. He'll be visiting his "in-laws", thus his wife will be in this episode with him.

Although he's made a few rare references to her & his daughter in previous episodes, this will be the first time she's been in an episode with him. Should be fun/interesting for us Bourdain fans.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
Cook

I missed it, did anyone see? Would love to hear a review.

Savory Tv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:19 AM   #3
Master Chef

It was "okay". Frankly though, I found myself wishing he'd visited Sardinia alone; think it would have been a much better & more interesting episode, although I can understand the draw The Travel Channel figured re: adding his wife (since she's originally from Sardinia) & child.

For some vague reason I can't quite pinpoint, I found his wife annoying on camera, although their little girl is adorable. I was surprised that she was so blonde, when both mom & dad have black hair, but a geneticist I ain't, so who knows? Also found it odd that throughout the whole episode, mom is never seen even touching the kid - she's with daddy the entire time.

Regardless, I felt I sort of came away from it not knowing really a whole lot about Sardinia - unlike other episodes that always make me feel I want to visit the place. But since Travel Channel will - as always - start repeating this season's episodes ad infinitum in the near future, I'll have to watch it again & see if I come away with the same feelings.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #4
Head Chef

could be a tow-head... I was born with jet black hair and by the time I was two, it was white-blonde.

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreezyCooking View Post
...although I can understand the draw The Travel Channel figured re: adding his wife (since she's originally from Sardinia) & child....
No, she's NOT from Sardinia! She's from Northern Italy! Her FATHER is from Sardinia! These people were HIS family. And it said so during this show.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
Master Chef

Okay, okay - settle down, it's only a show! Geesh. Sorry I didn't catch that point - didn't realize there was going to be a test. Regardless of who came from where, I still didn't care much for this particular episode. I'm entitled to that opinion.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:58 PM   #7
Master Chef

I just saw it tonight (obviously a month-old rerun) and thought it was more of a showplace for what I think is his second family than anything else. It was OK, but not one of his best.

Oh, was just talking to my husband and he noted one real perculiarity: He claims that it was the only show he saw of Bourdain's without much of the language being bleeped. Guess wife and child influenced that!