Best show on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What? No "Hell on Wheels" Fans?

Craig

Hell on Wheels is very good - but not the best show on TV. That honor has to go to another AMC show, Breaking Bad. Easily the best show on TV and without a doubt will go down as one of the best of all time. I'm also a very big fan of Mad Men and The Killing.

The Walking Dead though - as an avid fan of the graphic novels, the first season really got me excited for some great zombie fiction. And it really was great. It still is, but this season is a little cheap - in both production value and writing. I hope they kick it up a notch when the show returns in February.

Modern Family is a great comedy, and The Office seems to be better than ever this year sans Steve Carrell. But the most underrated comedy, in my opinion, is Parks & Recreation. Awful first season, but really came into it's own recently. And any foodie can appreciate Ron Swanson's love of breakfast foods and perfectly cooked steaks.

Now I'll just cross my fingers and hope there's another season of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

I was watching "Regenisis" on the Science Channel, made in Canada. Very nice! It's about a man who works for a CDC type agency, tracking epidemics. Quite fun...I was up too late watching it (3 or 4 hours) and then "Firefly" came on after...stuck in front of the TV for another hour. It's really bad when you can do all the dialog on a show and you still stop to watch the episode!

But the most underrated comedy, in my opinion, is Parks & Recreation. Awful first season, but really came into it's own recently. And any foodie can appreciate Ron Swanson's love of breakfast foods and perfectly cooked steaks.
Very good call Effington! I agree the first season was pretty bad, but I am glad they stuck with it as it got much much better. Ron Swanson is my idol!

My new favorite show is Grimm. Great production, great lighting, lots of small hidden jokes, and a pretty cool idea.

My new favorite show is Grimm. Great production, great lighting, lots of small hidden jokes, and a pretty cool idea.

Love, Grimm! However, Shrek doesn't care for it and "forgets" to DVR it for me when I'm at work. We'll see what happens with my new work schedule.

Love, Grimm! However, Shrek doesn't care for it and "forgets" to DVR it for me when I'm at work. We'll see what happens with my new work schedule.

Can't you set the DVR to automatically record all episodes? That's what we do here when we want to get all new episodes of something.

Can't you set the DVR to automatically record all episodes? That's what we do here when we want to get all new episodes of something.

I have to go to work sometime and if there is something else on he wants to record...he forgets he had a show for me to record.

Favorite TV Show in Spain: Gran Reserva

Gran Reserva ( Gran Reserve ) is a weekly series filmed in La Rioja wine country, Spain and it is similar to Falcon Crest, however, with a very different storyline ...

I had started following it 2 seasons ago, and thus, it hooked me.

Margi.

Back
Top Bottom