Bitchin' Kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ann Burell. She can be pretty grunting and squealing obnoxious. I do like some of her recipes. Bitchin woman has been in movies I don't remember. Her hubby is somewhat eye candy. No memorable recipes that I recall. I find Paula and her sons amusing, amd I admire that she made something out of nothing, being a divorcee and all.
I am not a big fan. I used to like her as a sous chef. On her own show and others, I just think she over does it.

I was doing some research. Lidia Bistianich also helped her career. She's not stupid, I just think it's overbearing.

I can watch almost any kitchen show but there is something about the way she is always right up in the camera pointing and flipping her hair that drives me batty. It's almost as if I feel she is invading my personal space through the TV screen. :LOL:

I can watch almost any kitchen show but there is something about the way she is always right up in the camera pointing and flipping her hair that drives me batty. It's almost as if I feel she is invading my personal space through the TV screen. :LOL:

Et tu, Merlot? :ROFLMAO:

<3 Nadia. :cool:

Lol, I really wanted to like her! just for you :LOL:

An edit on former post, I think she jerks her head sortive back and forth instead of flipping her hair, you know just in case you get the urge to let it bother you too. heheh

Last edited:
One and done with me. Sorry I find her neither funny nor entertaining.I don't care much for Paula Deen but I'd rather watch a Deen marathon than endure another minute of Nadia. So yes, I move the channel select. Man, what passes as comedy or entertainment these days.:wacko:

Lol, I really wanted to like her! just for you :LOL:

An edit on former post, I think she jerks her head sortive back and forth instead of flipping her hair, you know just in case you get the urge to let it bother you too. heheh

:LOL:

Some of her recipes are really good. She hooked me on the menu to dump someone by. The salad plated in the Chinese take-out box? Priceless. The recipes I've made have turned out pretty yummy. Love her kitsch. I love her crew too....especially Panos! ;)

I guess that this is one of those threads which won't die.

I saw about 5 minutes of Bitchin' Kitchen just this week for the first time (we have Canadian satellite here and it's on their version of Food Network). I may not have made it through 5 minutes, actually. I have no idea what she was cooking because I couldn't get past the act. 'Nuff said.

I love Anne Burrell. Yes she is weird, and at first it put me off, but I think that she is genuine, and that's what I like, a celebrity who is still a person.

How to cook like Paula Deen: You start with a pound of butter, than add to that most any recipe you want. (I realize that she has worked to clean up the buttery side of her cooking, but still that's where she comes from). I think that some of her dishes would be great, but just reading the recipe can bring on heart failure. I made one once for my chocoholic mother, a double chocolate gooey butter cake (or something close to that). Mom loved it (at age 85 it probably wasn't going to do any damage that hadn't already been done), but I wouldn't make it again. I love my family too much to cook that way most of the time.

Only took the promo to know it isn't for me. However, if I had a choice between watching her and a cooking show with Joe Bastianich, she would be my choice hands down. Her obnoxious and arrogant behavior is schtick. With Bastianich, its real.

I'm a bit late for this thread but I've just been watching one of the shows. The programmes are on Food Network UK over here. Technical how-to-do-it shows they aren't but I think they are great fun. Not to be taken seriously.

Mind you - candied bacon!!!

Paula shook me ALOT too early on...&, yes, I have been to the southern most places on the planet too - I have "waded" my way through MANY different accents(heck, I even have one myself)...I watch her sometimes, but, I am CONVINCED that she has a clothes pin lodged up SOMEWHERE inside of her nose!
Is Paula Dean's accent real? Even to a "foreigner" it sounds put on. We get a show on television where her son makes low fat versions of her dishes and his accent isn't anywhere near hers

I admit that I still love her trashy, campy silliness AND her recipes. In fact, Santa brought me one of her cookbooks this past Christmas. A "hot mess" is accurate, but it is part of why I like her. The show cracks me up. I like "Good Eats" too. I don't like shows where the host is all business.

Another friend sent me "brass knuckles" meat tenderizer. Nadia would be jealous. :LOL:
Move over, Kathleen, so I can join you in the corner. I love "Bitchin' Kitchen" because it's such good fun (and, people, I consider myself a "serious cook").

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom