"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > General Cooking > Food Shows, News and Media

Old 01-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #61
Assistant Cook

Lighten up folks, it is comedy. She makes me laugh as she pokes un of food shows!

Old 01-30-2012, 06:38 AM   #62
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehoort View Post
Lighten up folks, it is comedy. She makes me laugh as she pokes un of food shows!

I agree. This is comedy. enjoy or change the channel. (still, I think more real cooking goes on here than on some other shows on Food and Cooking TV)

Old 01-31-2012, 08:03 PM   #63
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Ann Burell. She can be pretty grunting and squealing obnoxious. I do like some of her recipes. Bitchin woman has been in movies I don't remember. Her hubby is somewhat eye candy. No memorable recipes that I recall. I find Paula and her sons amusing, amd I admire that she made something out of nothing, being a divorcee and all.
I am not a big fan. I used to like her as a sous chef. On her own show and others, I just think she over does it.

I was doing some research. Lidia Bistianich also helped her career. She's not stupid, I just think it's overbearing.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #64
Master Chef

Bitchin' Kitchen....

As far as comedy and business... she has no business being on tv. It's awful.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:42 AM   #65
Sous Chef

I can watch almost any kitchen show but there is something about the way she is always right up in the camera pointing and flipping her hair that drives me batty. It's almost as if I feel she is invading my personal space through the TV screen.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:00 PM   #66
Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
I can watch almost any kitchen show but there is something about the way she is always right up in the camera pointing and flipping her hair that drives me batty. It's almost as if I feel she is invading my personal space through the TV screen.
Et tu, Merlot?

<3 Nadia.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #67
Sous Chef

Lol, I really wanted to like her! just for you

An edit on former post, I think she jerks her head sortive back and forth instead of flipping her hair, you know just in case you get the urge to let it bother you too. heheh
Old 02-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #68
Sous Chef

One and done with me. Sorry I find her neither funny nor entertaining.I don't care much for Paula Deen but I'd rather watch a Deen marathon than endure another minute of Nadia. So yes, I move the channel select. Man, what passes as comedy or entertainment these days.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #69
Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
Lol, I really wanted to like her! just for you

An edit on former post, I think she jerks her head sortive back and forth instead of flipping her hair, you know just in case you get the urge to let it bother you too. heheh

Some of her recipes are really good. She hooked me on the menu to dump someone by. The salad plated in the Chinese take-out box? Priceless. The recipes I've made have turned out pretty yummy. Love her kitsch. I love her crew too....especially Panos!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #70
Head Chef

I guess that this is one of those threads which won't die.

I saw about 5 minutes of Bitchin' Kitchen just this week for the first time (we have Canadian satellite here and it's on their version of Food Network). I may not have made it through 5 minutes, actually. I have no idea what she was cooking because I couldn't get past the act. 'Nuff said.

I love Anne Burrell. Yes she is weird, and at first it put me off, but I think that she is genuine, and that's what I like, a celebrity who is still a person.

How to cook like Paula Deen: You start with a pound of butter, than add to that most any recipe you want. (I realize that she has worked to clean up the buttery side of her cooking, but still that's where she comes from). I think that some of her dishes would be great, but just reading the recipe can bring on heart failure. I made one once for my chocoholic mother, a double chocolate gooey butter cake (or something close to that). Mom loved it (at age 85 it probably wasn't going to do any damage that hadn't already been done), but I wouldn't make it again. I love my family too much to cook that way most of the time.